Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire tomlin ????

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Fire tomlin ????

Given Mr Rooney's " Rooney Rule " and the fact that six African American coaches have already been given their walking papers, the chances of MT being fired are about the same odds as my last Mega Millions ticket! Buckle up boys we are in for more of the same!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard that yesterday and its absolutely fn ridiculous.
    Who cares what color a coach is.
    On the other hand can you imagine if Tomlin was a white guy?
    AB would probably be claiming he's a racist
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I would say that the majority of people out there don't care about the race of a HC. However, in this case, the majority doesn't rule. Somebody will claim racism even when it doesn't exist. It's today's society.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Well Pete, he's already calling RC an Uncle Tom. Rumors are he's pissed about Tomlin's relationship with Ben, so what's next? Tomlin's an Uncle Tom for favoring the white QB? I HATE when race comes into play with this crap, it's everywhere these days, but when the term Uncle Tom starts getting tossed around, we know where this is heading......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Well Pete, he's already calling RC an Uncle Tom. Rumors are he's pissed about Tomlin's relationship with Ben, so what's next? Tomlin's an Uncle Tom for favoring the white QB? I HATE when race comes into play with this crap, it's everywhere these days, but when the term Uncle Tom starts getting tossed around, we know where this is heading......

Yeah, this is where we are at. It's about getting the job done. Period. Regardless of race. Pissed that a HC and a franchise QB have a good relationship? More insanity from AB. You always want your HC and QB to have a steller relationship.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see Deebo manipulating a lot of this crap too, lining himself up for some cheddar.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would say that the majority of people out there don't care about the race of a HC. However, in this case, the majority doesn't rule. Somebody will claim racism even when it doesn't exist. It's today's society.
    I think it would be easier to argue that it's not racism without people harping on the Rooney rule.

It seems pretty clear that Tomlin was a much better choice that Grimm with or without the Rooney rule. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sorry boys... but if the reports are true that Porter was a disruptive force in the locker room.... and Tomlin knew about it (yet chose not to take immediate action)... Tomlin should be fired for negligence.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would say that the majority of people out there don't care about the race of a HC. .
    Do you read some of the posters on this board????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm sorry boys... but if the reports are true that Porter was a disruptive force in the locker room.... and Tomlin knew about it (yet chose not to take immediate action)... Tomlin should be fired for negligence.