Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 265

Thread: Rooney Now Signaling That AB Is Done

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Rooney Now Signaling That AB Is Done

    https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/10/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-art-rooney/stories/201901100125

    Looking like it's time to sell your AB jersey....

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Good riddance. Glad I never purchased a jersey.

    Juju’s merch is far more worthy. Praying he stays grounded and humble.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    feels like an opening salvo

    personally I hope AB wakes up and realizes he cannot be dropped down from heaven into a better spot as far as getting his precious #s are concerned

    if he's not contrite about what he did, then trade him and move on

    tomlin should have squashed this before it got to this point or dealt him when he couldn't control him from being a disruption

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Harrison said it a year ago; Tomlin lacks discipline. But as far as ABbis concerned, hereís whatís working against us in getting great value for him:

    1. Heís on the wrong side of the age of 30
    2. Heís shown himself to be a malcontent ( team disruptor) like T.O.

    Those things are going to drive down what we get for him.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    AB just had 1297yds 104 catches and 15 tds, he also commands a double team every time he is on the field. We should get very good value for him especially since we don't have to trade him.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    AB just had 1297yds 104 catches and 15 tds, he also commands a double team every time he is on the field. We should get very good value for him especially since we don't have to trade him.
    What do you mean by, “ we don’t have to trade him”??

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    What do you mean by, “ we don’t have to trade him”??
    There is nothing forcing us to trade him, he is not hitting free agency anytime soon meaning if he wants to get paid he has to play. Steelers are in a position were they can dictate what they want for AB.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    There is nothing forcing us to trade him, he is not hitting free agency anytime soon meaning if he wants to get paid he has to play. Steelers are in a position were they can dictate what they want for AB.
    That’s like saying the Eagles didn’t have to let T.O. go. Brown is crazy and having him around is going to be too much of a disruption and distraction.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Thatís like saying the Eagles didnít have to let T.O. go. Brown is crazy and having him around is going to be too much of a disruption and distraction.
    If AB continues to act up, he doesn't need to be around the team. Tomlin can ban him from the locker room until he has a change of heart. I am sure Rooney will back Tomlin on any decision he makes regarding AB discipline.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    That’s like saying the Eagles didn’t have to let T.O. go. Brown is crazy and having him around is going to be too much of a disruption and distraction.
    No that's not saying anything like that, the point is if teams want Brown the Steelers are in the drivers seat there is nothing about his contract that puts the Steelers in a desperate situation. The Steelers have leverage and the best receiver in the NFL they are in a good spot to get value for him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •