Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooney Now Signaling That AB Is Done

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Captain? You got lost in the discussion. I never said Baldwin was better. Please go back and re-read. I just said that Brown won't be the same reciever because of the likelihood he'll have an inferior QB to Ben. That's what I was getting at.

Now as far as Baldwin and Hopkins are concerned, If Baldwin (when healthy) would have the same amount of targets as Hopkins, he too would be putting up the same numbers as Hopkins. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying Hopkins isn't talented. What I"m saying is that when your a good WR as Baldwin is or as Hopkins is, the separation is the amount of targets. That's all.
    But you get targeted BECAUSE you produce.
    Balwins QB is better, his fellow receivers have been bums, his team THROWS THE BALL BETTER.
    Using your logic.....if they are similar in quality.....Baldwin WOULD get targeted more.

He is not because Hopkins is simply a better player.

QBs know, you throw his way and the dude will make the play.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-12-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I totally disagree about Baldwin being our # 3 WR if in Pittsburgh. Too good of a route runner.
    Last season, who do you play him ahead of?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    But you get targeted BECAUSE you produce.
    Balwins QB is better, his fellow receivers have been bums, his team THROWS THE BALL BETTER.
    Using your logic.....if they are similar in quality.....Baldwin WOULD get targeted more.

He is not because Hopkins is simply a better player.
    Not neccessarily; Baldwin has Lockett on the other side Cap; You don't have to exclusively throw it at Baldwin because that team has another WR. Lockett isn't a bum.

If the Texans had another WR (and the rumor is their going to get one) then Hopkins numbers won't be the same because the other WR will be getting seriously targeted. I still disagree. It's because Hopkins is all that they have on that team and has been for a while now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not neccessarily; Baldwin has Lockett on the other side Cap; You don't have to exclusively throw it at Baldwin because that team has another WR. Lockett isn't a bum.

If the Texans had another WR (and the rumor is their going to get one) then Hopkins numbers won't be the same because the other WR will be getting seriously targeted. I still disagree. It's because Hopkins is all that they have on that team and has been for a while now.
    Maniac you need to stop.
    This is getting embarrassing.

Lockett JUST NOW is coming into his own. Baldwin's "career" numbers aint harmed by a guy who puts up typical number 2 receiver numbers for a few seasons of Baldwins career.
    Lockett in my view has surpassed the very average Baldwin as a player and he aint that good.

Lets get real here.

If Brown go traded to Seattle (I know they are too smart but just play along)

Honestly.....and be honest....would you bet against AB being the best receiver on that team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Maniac you need to stop.
    This is getting embarrassing.

Lockett JUST NOW is coming into his own. Baldwin's "career" numbers aint harmed by a guy who puts up typical number 2 receiver numbers for a few seasons of Baldwins career.
    Lockett in my view has surpassed the very average Baldwin as a player and he aint that good.

Lets get real here.

If Brown go traded to Seattle (I know they are too smart but just play along)

Honestly.....and be honest....would you bet against AB being the best receiver on that team?
    He will be the best receiver on any team he goes to.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    But the fact is Elite guys require double coverage sometimes triple coverage to stop, this opens up a lot opportunity for the offense, so just them being on the field puts the defense at a disadvantage. To think we wouldn't miss Antonio Brown is crazy, or that Juju is going to step right in and not only command double and triple teams but put up monster numbers against double and triple teams, is crazy.
    I think people have a short memory.

You can't lose a guy like AB and think our offense productivity won't be negatively impacted. JuJu won't be as successful as a #1 and trust me, I'm a big fan of JuJu.

I do not feel comfortable with JuJu, Washington and Rogers as our top 3 wideouts. The depth is really bad and we would be one JuJu injury away from the worst starting WR corp in the league.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He will be the best receiver on any team he goes to.

Pappy
    For some reason Vegas has Atlanta as one of the favorites to get AB. If they do, I’d argue Julio Jones is better than AB.

That would be one heck of a receiving duo though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

You can't lose a guy like AB and think our offense productivity won't be negatively impacted. JuJu won't be as successful as a #1 and trust me, I'm a big fan of JuJu.

I do not feel comfortable with JuJu, Washington and Rogers as our top 3 wideouts. The depth is really bad and we would be one JuJu injury away from the worst starting WR corp in the league.
    I agree, AB makes everyone's job easier on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

If we get the right defensive piece.....we will be a better overall team.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB is the threat he is because Ben is so good.
    You seem to respect the great Jerry Rice.

None other than the GOAT at the position has been calling Brown the best receiver in the league since 2014.
    Rice (and fellow HOFer Michael Irvin) are calling for the Niner to go hard after Brown.

I think those two HOFers AT THE POSITION see just a tiny bit more in evaluating a receivers skill set that us "keyboard experts" don't ya think?

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=A...mp;FORM=NWRFSH

Brown is without question "great" at his position and the implication that he is a "creation" of his QB is just dismissive of the near universal opinion of REAL experts in what makes a receiver "great".
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-13-2019 at 12:04 AM.