Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooney Now Signaling That AB Is Done

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dude WHY does Hopkions get targeted so much? We are talking like 14 different QBs. It is not like he is ONE QBs favorite. EVERYBODY throws his way.

Because he's been the ONLY wide reciever that team has had since AJ left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Because ..again...he is targeted a zillion times a game. ANYBODY is going to have those stats if your the only WR the QB throws to. That doesn't mean your neccessarily good.

Look at Doug Baldwin; He doesn't see the targets that Hopkins does but he's a great WR none the less. That's what I"m talking about.
    And Doug Baldwin? Really....you gonna go "Doug Baldwin?"

You know you just DESTROYED your point.
    Russell Wilson IS closer to being a potential HOF QB my friend than ANYBODY including Deshaun, who has EVER thrown a pass to Hopkins.

And you gonna compare Baldwin to Hopkins? Really dude?
    I gotta go full blown Stephen A on that joke of a contention.

And just ONE gif is not enough to reach the levels of OUTRAGEOUSNESS that statement deserves.

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-12-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Doug Baldwin is not in the same stratosphere as Hopkins, not only is Hopkins a better receiver but he requires at least double coverage on every play.

Legend

User Info Menu

And Baldwin has been limited by the PLETHORA of greatness in other receivers around him?

He is among the weakest number one receivers in the NFL.
    Baldwin is the very thing you describe. He looks better than he is BECAUSE his team is so weak at the position.

If he is a Steeler he aint no pro bowler my friend.
    If Baldwin were a Steeler last season he would be the NUMBER THREE option.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-12-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you wanted to make a case for who is the leagues best receiver over Brown, out of the entire league of receivers, one can make a stronger case for Hopkins than just about anybody.

Baldwin aint even in the discussion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Amari Cooper made a huge difference in Dallas.

Legend

User Info Menu

And Baldwin has been limited by the PLETHORA of greatness in other receivers around him?

He is among the weakest number one receivers in the NFL.
    Baldwin is the very thing you describe. He looks better than he is BECAUSE his team is so weak at the position they have no other choice.
    He is no Pro bowl level talent.

I can take the best wideout on half the teams in this league, put them on Seattle and Baldwin aint number one.

If he is a Steeler he aint no pro bowler my friend.
    If Baldwin were a Steeler last season he would be the NUMBER THREE option.

Legend

User Info Menu

Captain? You got lost in the discussion. I never said Baldwin was better. Please go back and re-read. I just said that Brown won't be the same reciever because of the likelihood he'll have an inferior QB to Ben. That's what I was getting at.

Now as far as Baldwin and Hopkins are concerned, If Baldwin (when healthy) would have the same amount of targets as Hopkins, he too would be putting up the same numbers as Hopkins. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying Hopkins isn't talented. What I"m saying is that when your a good WR as Baldwin is or as Hopkins is, the separation is the amount of targets. That's all.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I totally disagree about Baldwin being our # 3 WR if in Pittsburgh. Too good of a route runner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Amari Cooper made a huge difference in Dallas.
    He did; When he got a lot of targets thou, he produced. Which is my point if the WR is at a certain talent level or beyond.