Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 265

Thread: Rooney Now Signaling That AB Is Done

  1. #31
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Only cuz Ben trusted Mike Wallace on 4th down in the SB instead of Hines or AB... oops.
    If Mendenhall didn't fumble.............

  2. #32
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    No Call...
    No Show...
    Time to Go.

    Slap on hand & AB walking into the locker room as a Steeler again creates a counterweight. Rooney words tell me he knows this. Possibly Point of no return. Door left open to maintain "value" in trade talks. Just my opinion on how I see it now that God has spoken.
    FA CB Nelson
    FA WR Moncrief
    FA ILB Barron


    Trade 1.20, 2.52, 2020 3rd to Buff for 1.9 & 4.131

    1.9 Bush ILB - A Trade
    1.20 Traded A
    2.52 Traded A
    2.61 Samuel/Campbell/Hall/Boykin WR - B Trade
    3.66 Traded B
    3.83 Thornhill/Hooker S
    4.122 Walker/Banogu/Reed OLB
    4.131 Dean/Bunting/Boyd/Long CB - A Trade
    5.141 Traded B
    5.158 Moreau/Warring TE - C Trade
    6.175 Traded C
    6.192 Cominsky/Alexander/Hill DL
    6.207 Traded C
    7.219 Ozigbo/Homer RB

  3. #33
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    No Call...
    No Show...
    Time to Go.

    Slap on hand & AB walking into the locker room as a Steeler again creates a counterweight. Rooney words tell me he knows this. Possibly Point of no return. Door left open to maintain "value" in trade talks. Just my opinion on how I see it now that God has spoken.
    There is no way back for Brown. And indeed, Rooney has indicated this by what he said that, " I can't envision him being here anymore". This is the owner of the team fellas; there's no "maybe" about it. Brown is a lame duck employee and we obviously are weighing our options and finding out what is the best way to maximize our return of trading him.

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If Mendenhall didn't fumble.............
    even with that... At that point in their careers, 4th and whatever, i'm throwing to Hines, even in triple-coverage. He'd have gotten an offensive pass interference (and caught the ball) before he let anything else happen. i can't see how you trust Wallace on a short pass (not a deep ball) in that situation at that point in all their respective careers
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    2019 NFL MockDeville
    1. Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    2a. Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida (from Raiders)
    2b. Deebo Samuel, WR, S.Caroline
    3. Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

  5. #35
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    even with that... At that point in their careers, 4th and whatever, i'm throwing to Hines, even in triple-coverage. He'd have gotten an offensive pass interference (and caught the ball) before he let anything else happen. i can't see how you trust Wallace on a short pass (not a deep ball) in that situation at that point in all their respective careers
    I hear you but the turnover when we were going in to take the lead was the sword in our back to me. I too would have went with Hines. But hey, that was the coaches call wasn't it? Not Ben's. Ben was following orders.

  6. #36
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    There is no way on Earth Antonio Brown gets traded for a 4th round pick, Steelers hold the cards in this situation and that's the point. Set aside whether or not you think Brown should be on the team, if a team offers a 4th round pick rest assured there are multiple teams prepared beat that offer, Brown's value will remain high because multiple teams want him. So the Steelers are in a position to accept the best offer or not trade and that is the ideal spot.
    I think they will get more as well. But rest assured without a very contrite public apology, Brown wonít be a Steeler next season. They will move him.

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I hear you but the turnover when we were going in to take the lead was the sword in our back to me. I too would have went with Hines. But hey, that was the coaches call wasn't it? Not Ben's. Ben was following orders.
    surely they didn't say MW, even if someone else was open
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    2019 NFL MockDeville
    1. Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    2a. Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida (from Raiders)
    2b. Deebo Samuel, WR, S.Caroline
    3. Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

  8. #38
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If Brown has Mullenís ( 49er qb) as his qb, you can cover Brown one on one. Because the qb is garbage.
    Good job singling out the one team who was down to starting their 3rd string QB by the end of the year after Jimmy Garoppolo tore his ACL and backup C.J. Beathard injured his wrist.
    Plan A: Trade 1.20/3.66/5.141 & 2020 3rd to BUF for 1.9 (ILB Devin White)

    Plan B:
    1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa 6-5 251
    2.52 WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa State 6-5 227
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 256
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 5-11 210
    4.122 ILB David Long Jr., West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 CB Isaiah Johnson, Houston 6-2 208
    6.175 ILB Bobby Okereke, Stanford 6-1 239
    6.192 RB Travis Homer, Miami 5-10 201
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas 6-5 306
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

  9. #39
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    surely they didn't say MW, even if someone else was open
    Yeah, the coaches call the plays, which dictate which WR's run which routes, but Ben still must process who is open and get the ball there. Maybe the coaches dictated that Wallace was Ben's first read, but if it's not there, Ben could have gone to his 2nd or 3rd read.
    Plan A: Trade 1.20/3.66/5.141 & 2020 3rd to BUF for 1.9 (ILB Devin White)

    Plan B:
    1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa 6-5 251
    2.52 WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa State 6-5 227
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 256
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 5-11 210
    4.122 ILB David Long Jr., West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 CB Isaiah Johnson, Houston 6-2 208
    6.175 ILB Bobby Okereke, Stanford 6-1 239
    6.192 RB Travis Homer, Miami 5-10 201
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas 6-5 306
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    If Brown has Mullenís ( 49er qb) as his qb, you can cover Brown one on one. Because the qb is garbage.
    No you can't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •