Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooney Now Signaling That AB Is Done

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    That’s like saying the Eagles didn’t have to let T.O. go. Brown is crazy and having him around is going to be too much of a disruption and distraction.
    No that's not saying anything like that, the point is if teams want Brown the Steelers are in the drivers seat there is nothing about his contract that puts the Steelers in a desperate situation. The Steelers have leverage and the best receiver in the NFL they are in a good spot to get value for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Best news of the day. Blowing off Tomlin is one thing, blowing off the owner (the man that pays him) takes it to a new level. What a child.

Bye Felicia.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If AB continues to act up, he doesn't need to be around the team. Tomlin can ban him from the locker room until he has a change of heart. I am sure Rooney will back Tomlin on any decision he makes regarding AB discipline.
    And then you really won't have any value for AB. Buy low, sell high. Do I think AB is at his highest value? No.

But do I think he has reduced his value dramatically? No again.

You have to remember, most teams think that they have the secret formula to reach troubled athletes...especially the younger coaches that seem to be the fad to hiring right now.

And now you have a pretty big ego in Bruce Arians in TB spouting off that he doesn't believe in rebuilding.

So I think the time to pull the trigger is now. Not next year where he will be another year past 30 and have a potential meltdown.

brothervad

One final thing. The way Art II responded was not absolute in order to state, there is a way back...just not really certain how they get back there.

He is sending two messages IMO. One is that it isn't irreconcilable for AB to come back, but its going to be a hard path to take.
    The second message...hey folks we won't give the guy away for a cup of coffee and have kept the door open...but if you dazzle us, we will listen.
    Last edited by brothervad; 01-10-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting take by A. Kinkhabwala today. She is speculating there is a major power struggle between the QB and WR. She also says Brown recognizes that he would not be as successful with any other QB due to their unique relationship. He absolutely doesn't want to be traded.

Who knows how much of this is true, if any. But when you have two headstrong superstars there is bound to be jousting between the two.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I honestly think the offense is hamstrung in a sense.. by how much we try to force the ball to AB.. Teams struggle alot more to defend us when we spread the ball around

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I honestly think the offense is hamstrung in a sense.. by how much we try to force the ball to AB.. Teams struggle alot more to defend us when we spread the ball around
    And, I think Ben realized that after the first few games where he was clearly forcing it to AB to try and get him involved. If AB lets the game come to him, Ben will get him his numbers and TDs, so will Juju, McDonald, Conner, etc. Ben was spreading the ball around to anyone and everyone this past year, save for the interceptions, it was easily his best year in the league.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/10/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-art-rooney/stories/201901100125

Looking like it's time to sell your AB jersey....
    Im cheap.
    Scored me a "Jim Miller" jersey that way.......anticipated starter starts like ONE GAME gets benched and the market is flooded with his jerseys.

I can get a Bell, Bryant AND Brown jersey all three jerks combined......for HALF the price of universally beloved "Captain America" Villenueva.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-11-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Always said "Elite Receivers" are overrated. I think part of the reason is QBs get too dependent on them.

Whe a QB effectively spreads it around "Good" receivers are good enough.

Ben has two rings....NONE with Browns help.
    Megatron retires....Stafford has a career season
    Winningest QB EVER Tom Brady has a TON of rings......his ONLY GREAT RECEIVER EVER HOFer Randy Moss has NONE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Always said "Elite Receivers" are overrated. I think part of the reason is QBs get too dependent on them.

Whe a QB effectively spreads it around "Good" receivers are good enough.

Ben has two rings....NONE with Browns help.
    Megatron retires....Stafford has a career season
    Winningest QB EVER Tom Brady has a TON of rings......his ONLY GREAT RECEIVER EVER HOFer Randy Moss has NONE
    excellent point. a similar point can and has been made for Bell and the RB position.. it's a team game and always will be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    There is nothing forcing us to trade him, he is not hitting free agency anytime soon meaning if he wants to get paid he has to play. Steelers are in a position were they can dictate what they want for AB.
    . Yes and no. Technically, nothing is forcing them. But, as I have said before, no organization can stand if they allow this kind of nonsense. No amount of talent should be allowed to abandon the team and disrespect the organization. Hes done. If they can only get a 4th for him, they will still move him much like Holmes.