Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clock and Replay Assistand to be Hired

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Alabama hires Falcons new game-management coach

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 18, 2019, 1:05 PM EST

What will you remember most about the Kyle Flood Era in Atlanta?

According to Ian Fitzsimmons of ESPN Radio, the University of Alabama has hired Flood away from the Falcons to coach the offensive line.

Flood, a former head coach at Rutgers, was hired eight days ago by the Falcons to help coach Dan Quinn with clock management and replays.

That position is part of a growing trend in the NFL, and the Falcons are going to have to dip back into the market to find one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-alabama-hires-falcons-new-game-management-coach/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess the clock management position isn’t very prestigious and an upgrade to O-line coach is something anyone in that position would jump at.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That last Saints drive was evidence that Tomlin isn't the only one that struggles with clock management

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I guess the clock management position isn’t very prestigious and an upgrade to O-line coach is something anyone in that position would jump at.
    If your dream job is to work with players and coaches, this job would be one to run away from. I think a team would be better off finding an accountant or stats guru that maybe has a passion for the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If your dream job is to work with players and coaches, this job would be one to run away from. I think a team would be better off finding an accountant or stats guru that maybe has a passion for the game.
    I agree. I nominate you north. I trust you to give it to Tomlin straight.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I agree. I nominate you north. I trust you to give it to Tomlin straight.
    Nah Maniac.. would be too much stress at this point in my life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hahahaha.. just do it for a season. Tomlin will be gone by then.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Pats challenge of the KC pass completion with about 8 minutes to go is a great example of why you cant “use your gut”. You need help.

I don't even blame Tomlin anymore. This is on Art Rooney for not insisting on him getting eyes in the booth.