Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 4 cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target in free agency

Legend

User Info Menu

let's talk real....

Colbert using free agency in a big way? We've had other years where we've need things in a dire way and they wouldn't use free agency in a big way so why would they now? Don't get me wrong; I think they should with some of that Bell money that we rolled over from 2018 but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    let's talk real....

Colbert using free agency in a big way? We've had other years where we've need things in a dire way and they wouldn't use free agency in a big way so why would they now? Don't get me wrong; I think they should with some of that Bell money that we rolled over from 2018 but I'll have to see it to believe it.
    [QUOTE=Steel Maniac;750924]let's talk The Steelers have always been wise in FA. They have let players go and acquired them in FA in a fiscally responsible manner and itís part of the reason the Steelers are competitive every year. Haden, McDonald, Burnett are three guys brought in recently. For the most part I think they do a good job. Now, developing secondary talent? Pfft. Terrible in that regard. Which says to me, if they reach out in FA they need to concentrate on what they donít draft or develop well. Thatís the secondary. I do hope they take a splash there.

Legend

User Info Menu

let's talk real....

[QUOTE=Steel Maniac;750924] The Steelers have always been wise in FA. They have let players go and acquired them in FA in a fiscally responsible manner and it’s part of the reason the Steelers are competitive every year. Haden, McDonald, Burnett are three guys brought in recently. For the most part I think they do a good job. Now, developing secondary talent? Pfft. Terrible in that regard. Which says to me, if they reach out in FA they need to concentrate on what they don’t draft or develop well. That’s the secondary. I do hope they make a splash there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wise, like last year huh? They were cheap and played like what we paid them. Like I said, use free agency in a big way. Those cornerbacks are out of Colbert’s price range. Lol

Legend

User Info Menu

let's talk real....

This year is different though.
    Our entire salary structure is based on a "need" to sign Bell.
    Thanks to greedy Bell, that "budgeting" to sign him means we will likely have more dough to spend in free agency.

His greed saved us from our own stupidity, allowing us to go after a quality of free agent we could never afford before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmmm, okay... we’ll see just what Colbert does; but you very well know what his track record says he’s going to do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmmm, okay... we’ll see just what Colbert does; but you very well know what his track record says he’s going to do.

Personally, I've never bought a million dollar house.
    However, if I suddenly became a multi-millionare my "track record" has no bearing on whether I'd buy that house.

We could never AFFORD high priced free agents
    Our team has ALWAYS been up against the cap.......This year is different

We HAVE money to spend this time.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-11-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay..I want to see

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers have signed high priced free agents, they just happen to be their own, so its not like the Steelers don't spend money.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Deandre Baker
    2.52 - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    3.66 - Deebo Samuel, WR, S. Carolina
    4.122 -
    5.141 -
    6.175 -
    6.192 -
    6.207 -
    7.219 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay... I can’t wait to see Papillion and Cap.