Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target in free agency

Legend

User Info Menu

4 cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target in free agency

4 cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target in free agency

by Noah Strackbein

https://stillcurtain.com/2019/01/09/...m_medium=email

The Pittsburgh Steelers are in need of a cornerback and could look to free agency to improve the secondary in 2019.

Coty Sensabaugh could be headed to free agency, and even if re-signed, the Pittsburgh Steelers are in need of a quality cornerback. After the Artie Burns project turned into a failure, this team has been one man short in the secondary

Now, they’re looking ahead to the 2019 offseason as their place of restructure. Joe Haden is still a star on the outside and Sean Davis and Terrell Edmunds look to be quality players at safety. All they need this spring is to find another play to fill the role of cornerback.

Pierre Desir

The Indianapolis Colts found a surprising player in Pierre Desir this season. After bouncing around the league for a few years, Desir landed in Indy where he produced a sound year in 2018.

This offseason he’ll hit the free agent market and could be a valuable option for the Steelers. He’ll cost what the middle class cornerback goes for, meaning he’s likely in the price range for Pittsburgh.

His 12 starts in 2018 for a playoff team proved he can get the job done in the AFC. Across from Haden, he wouldn’t be expected to be a star but a reliable player that would protect most number two receivers.

At 28-years-old, Desir has a lot of career left and even if the Steelers find themselves with a cornerback in the NFL Draft, he could serve as a great backup for this team.

Jason Verrett

Jason Verett could be a cheap and reliable option if the Chargers decide they won’t bring him back in 2019. The cornerback missed all of the 2018 season with a torn achilles and is certainly a health risk after numerous years on IR.

If he stays healthy, though, he’s one of the best in the AFC. Pittsburgh may not want to take a chance on a player that misses such a significant amount of time, but if the price is right Verrett would be a great piece with Haden.

It’d be a boost in the secondary for sure. This defense would have to be much less cautious about what wide outs line up on who. Haden and Verrett would be a fierce duo in the AFC North, especially if Sean Davis and Terrell Edmunds continue to improve.

Eric Rowe

Eric Rowe was the No. 2 cornerback in New England until missing the final 12 games of the season. Now, the question is whether or not the Patriots are going to retain him next season. If they don’t, the 26-year-old is the perfect fit and price range for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Rowe has the size and strength to play outside. At 6’1, the cornerback could be a valuable No. 2 for the Steelers, working with Haden and Hilton to continue to develop his skills.

Rowe in Pittsburgh would work well. If he can stay healthy and find his way to free agency, he’ll end up on the Steelers’ free agent list. At the right price, there should be no hesitation for Pittsburgh to go out and grab the Patriots’ former cornerback.

Bradley Roby

Bradley Roby is top of the list of possible free agent cornerbacks. The Denver Broncos haven’t seen the production they wanted the last two seasons and will likely send Roby to the market this offseason.

At the right price, the Steelers should consider him. He isn’t worth a superstar contract or even a No. 1 corner contract, but teams may give it to him. Roby, at this point, is a strong second option and should be paid as so. If Pittsburgh is looking his way, he’d be worth it for the right dollar amount.

NEXT: 5 possible free agent targets for Steelers
    He brings talent and reliability to guard any receiver thrown at him. If they can retain Coty Sensabaugh, they’d have a backup player to step in when needed and work with Roby and Haden on the outside.

Again, only for the right price.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Banned

User Info Menu

This is a joke article right?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I don't think it's a joke.

Eric Rowe is a decent player, IMHO.

He had excellent coverage on Julio Jones when Jones made that incredible catch in the Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was always a big Eric Rowe guy when he was coming out of Utah

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would an article examining potential free agent CB's on a Steeler website be a joke?

You LMFAO at damn near everything else on this site for no real reason...maybe you can let the rest of us in on what the joke is here.

Hahahahahahaha...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why would an article examining potential free agent CB's on a Steeler website be a joke?

You LMFAO at damn near everything else on this site for no real reason...maybe you can let the rest of us in on what the joke is here.

Hahahahahahaha...
    Wow, a lot of hostility from you Ruth. You and AB need to lay on someone's couch and talk it out. Gzzzzz
    You follow me that close huh? Interesting. So I'm not allowed to laugh at funny things others post? Hmmm. And you also determine what is and isn't funny on this site too? Wow. Your a little bit to full of yourself.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-10-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, a lot of hostility from you Ruth. You and AB need to lay on someone's couch and talk it out. Gzzzzz
    You follow me that close huh? Interesting. So I'm not allowed to laugh at funny things others post? Hmmm. And you also determine what is and isn't funny on this site too? Wow. Your a little bit to full of yourself.
    Hostility? I'm just curious about what could possibly be funny about a list of free agent CB's. Where is the joke?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’d definitely take a run at Roby.

Legend

User Info Menu

SM--I think Ruthless makes a valid point. I post about the group that constantly sees the glass half empty, but damn dude your lucky to have two drops of water in your glass

Following the Steelers and what they are doing seems to cause you so much pain and anguish maybe you should keep the initials but go from Steel Maniac to Sado Masochist

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    SM--I think Ruthless makes a valid point. I post about the group that constantly sees the glass half empty, but damn dude your lucky to have two drops of water in your glass

Following the Steelers and what they are doing seems to cause you so much pain and anguish maybe you should keep the initials but go from Steel Maniac to Sado Masochist
    You and Ruth are assuming waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Both of you have woke up with a wrong hair up your @sses today. LOL. Where in this thread have I banged on any of those 4 cornerbacks???????? You don't know what I meant when I said, " This is a joke article right?"

You can leave the personal attacks at the door also. Steelers are not causing me or anyone around here pain; Your just making up stuff out of your imagination.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-10-2019 at 03:04 PM.