Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target in free agency

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    ROWE and ROBY are interesting prospects HOWEVER you have to ask yourself .... will they be considerable upgrades over SENSEBAUGH??

Right now I'd be focusing on OLB in FA over CB - Getting pressure certainly will help our rookie 1st round CB if he can crack the starting lineup
    I think they will be slight upgrades but likely not significant. I guess better is better. I still think ILB is our greatest off season defensive need

I know I'm in the minority but I haven't completely given up on Burns. Next year however is make or break

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

burns is a bum

no sense in cutting him as he is still cheap but counting on him in any meaningful way is laughable

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    ROWE and ROBY are interesting prospects HOWEVER you have to ask yourself .... will they be considerable upgrades over SENSEBAUGH??

Right now I'd be focusing on OLB in FA over CB - Getting pressure certainly will help our rookie 1st round CB if he can crack the starting lineup
    Man, youve got a strong point because other then Watt, there is nothing there. We've got to come out of this off-season with an upgrade at two LB's spots other then Watt's spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Watch, we will sign Dupree to a 3 year cheap, value contract
    Then we can watch him loop past the QB and get kicked out on run plays

Banned

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Legend

User Info Menu

They were talking about modern day successful defenses on Clay Travis' show this morning. The key trait are LBs that have speed and range to cover the entire field. Pass rush is secondary.
    Steelers beat the Patriots with unusual coverages where some players had to move great distances at the snap in order to hide the formation and confuse Brady. And btw, it takes not only a great scheme, but great execution. And the Steelers executed almost to perfection in that game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    They were talking about modern day successful defenses on Clay Travis' show this morning. The key trait are LBs that have speed and range to cover the entire field. Pass rush is secondary.
    Steelers beat the Patriots with unusual coverages where some players had to move great distances at the snap in order to hide the formation and confuse Brady. And btw, it takes not only a great scheme, but great execution. And the Steelers executed almost to perfection in that game.
    Not sure if you saw the 1st Ravens vs Chargers game but they had constant pressure on Rivers and he did nothing all game.

You get good pass rush .... and I don't mean just sacks .... I mean pressure leading to hurried throws and all your rangy LBs and DBs become All Pro.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I tell you what an unusual coverage is... trying to cover someone that's on the IR.. lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    All that I did was ask you a simple question.

And you refuse to answer this basic question, choosing to deflect again by saying that I'm in attack mode.

Asking an innocuous question is not an attack...
    SIR.....you need to calm down.........

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-11-2019 at 03:34 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    burns is a bum

no sense in cutting him as he is still cheap but counting on him in any meaningful way is laughable
    Yeah, keep him on special teams where his liabilities won’t be exposed.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher