Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chargers/ Ravens game

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll disagree with the sentiment that Jackson will be a poor NFL QB. Jackson looked just as I thought he would look as a rookie. He showed us exactly what we knew he would, dynamic play maker with his legs, and deer in headlights at times with his passing. I don't think anyone would mistake Jackson for a rocket scientist aka Dobbs. He will take time to adjust mentally to the pro game. Harrison was the same way. Tons of raw talent but couldn't learn. But, let me say this...Jackson has natural raw arm talent in a way that is very comparable to Mahomes. It can be developed. It will take time. IMO, his floor is Kordell Stewart. His ceiling is what he decides to make it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'll disagree with the sentiment that Jackson will be a poor NFL QB. Jackson looked just as I thought he would look as a rookie. He showed us exactly what we knew he would, dynamic play maker with his legs, and deer in headlights at times with his passing. I don't think anyone would mistake Jackson for a rocket scientist aka Dobbs. He will take time to adjust mentally to the pro game. Harrison was the same way. Tons of raw talent but couldn't learn. But, let me say this...Jackson has natural raw arm talent in a way that is very comparable to Mahomes. It can be developed. It will take time. IMO, his floor is Kordell Stewart. His ceiling is what he decides to make it.
    noted.....,

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Iím just being sarcastic!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL is a strange world. And the NFL QB is an enigma.

Riddle me this; how is it that John Elway, a HOF QB, running the Denver Broncos the last 10 yrs, has been unable to draft or find a top tier quarterback??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The NFL is a strange world. And the NFL QB is an enigma.

Riddle me this; how is it that John Elway, a HOF QB, running the Denver Broncos the last 10 yrs, has been unable to draft or find a top tier quarterback??
    . Hands down QB is the toughest position to scout by a mile. You look for arm, accuracy, poise, leadership, etc and so on. Then you roll the dice with your scouting report. I’ve been more wrong than right when it comes to QBs. But I think that goes for nearly every scouting department in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

. Hands down QB is the toughest position to scout by a mile. You look for arm, accuracy, poise, leadership, etc and so on. Then you roll the dice with your scouting report. Iíve been more wrong than right when it comes to QBs. But I think that goes for nearly every scouting department in the NFL.
    This. QB seems to be the hardest position in sports to project (except maybe goalie in hockey).

Legend

User Info Menu

Andy Reid seems to have it down. LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Dan Rooney knows how to spot 'em too.......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dan Rooney knows how to spot 'em too.......
    too bad he's dead