Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistically....what can we get for AB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I get it, but we should be putting out stories about how AB is the most selfless teammate in the world to make people want to give us more in a trade.
    Far too late for that. As soon as AB pulled his disappearing act, it was too late. Everyone around the NFL knows what kind of diva he is. He has a history of me-first behavior. But there's plenty of teams that sign these kinds of players anyway.

IMO, we'll trade him. He no longer wants to be a Steeler. I think the only thing that prevents this is if AB comes crawling back with his tail between his legs and begs forgiveness. I don't see that happening.

Banned

User Info Menu

I believe Chris Mortensen of ESPN when he says his Steeler contacts say they are looking to move AB. Mortensen is crediable to me and has always been.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I believe Chris Mortensen of ESPN when he says his Steeler contacts say they are looking to move AB. Mortensen is crediable to me and has always been.
    It certainly makes sense for them to see what his value is.

Hopefully they can fleece someone. But I think it's hard to see the team getting better in the short term without AB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It certainly makes sense for them to see what his value is.

Hopefully they can fleece someone. But I think it's hard to see the team getting better in the short term without AB
    Better on offense? Maybe not. But we've won a ring with lesser receiving talent than Juju + Rogers + Washington + McDonald

The TEAM can get better without TO....eh... I mean AB.

Banned

User Info Menu

People are too enamored with offense. All offense, no defense teams don't win anything. Watch what happens to the Chiefs. When the smoke clears, they won't even be in the Super Bowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

People are too enamored with offense. All offense, no defense teams don't win anything. Watch what happens to the Chiefs. When the smoke clears, they won't even be in the Super Bowl.
    they'd better not be looking past indy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree but discussing it is fun
    why do you guys think he wont be traded?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Better on offense? Maybe not. But we've won a ring with lesser receiving talent than Juju + Rogers + Washington + McDonald

The TEAM can get better without TO....eh... I mean AB.
    I think it's pretty clear that our D isn't anywhere near as good as those teams.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    they'd better not be looking past indy
    I think Indy is going to win that game..

At this point in time, Luck is just as good as Mahommes..
    Indy has the better defense...
    Indy has the better special teams..

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with this.

But sadly, I think our options for the rest of Ben's career might end up being:

All O and no D OR
    Avg O and no D.

If that's the choice, I know which one I'd pick.

If it were on the table, I'd much rather have a great D and an average O. But, I think there's almost no chance we can have a great D next year or the year after. And I don't think Ben's around longer than that.