Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistically....what can we get for AB?

Starter

User Info Menu

What can we get if we package ab and bell....pipe dream lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown........:

I absolutely still have the chip on my shoulder. I wear 84 for a reason. Eight times four is thirty two. Thirty two NFL teams passed on me multiple times—including the Steelers. I remember draft day and how I felt sitting in the hotel with my mom, waiting to be picked. How long it took to hear my name called. Every time I go out there, it's added motivation. ~ On why he wears #84

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown...after the loss to KC in Sept:

"Between me and you, everyone in the locker room knows what I stand for, knows what I'm about," Brown told reporters. "I'm committed to this program, this organization, I'm fully here. I go to work every day, about my business, and I don't take it for granted. My business is winning; I come here to win. And if we ain't winning, you're damn right I'm pissed off."

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown, earlier this season:

.......................But obviously I don't want to be traded. I'm grateful to put on my uniform, I'm grateful to be a part of this organization. I don't take that for granted. Obviously it was a stupid remark online. I just got to stay away from online with the distractions and letting people get me out of my character. It's just sad for a guy who worked here numerous years to say what he thinks.

"Obviously it's a team game. My success does depend on Roethlisberger, the offensive line and all the other receivers doing their job, but as a competitor I take this **** serious. It's just not a -- just a game to me and cashing checks. Money don't matter. I look at my assignments and my performance and it means a lot to me. When I go home I weigh in on it, my family weighs in on that. To me guy's that just think they can just disrespect me, it's just -- it's out of order, but." --Antonio Brown

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    No matter how you spin it, our cap is crushed with AB or without.
    You cant absorb a $21 million cap hit and expect any where near the production he provides.
    He's not getting cut or released prior or after Jun1
    He won't be traded after Jun 1 so we arent rolling dead $$$ over to 2020.
    Theres only two options
    Work it out
    Trade him before the draft
    Agreed. You don't cut one of your best players and pay 20mil to do it. That's retarded.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Im curious on the collective opinions of what is AB's trade value

IMO he has not helped with his bad boy behavior. I know some have postured a starter ready player and a 1st, but i think that wont happen

Thoughts? Id like to see us get a young ILB who could replace Bostic or Williams plus a 3rd. I think that is likely a great deal
    Yet another reason Juju as MVP was a mistake.

Legend

User Info Menu

In what capacity Captain? The players of the team voted on that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    In what capacity Captain? The players of the team voted on that.
    If his own team thinks another receiver is "more valuable" doesn't help his trade value for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yet another reason Juju as MVP was a mistake.
    I really thought the MVP should of been Brown, by a wide margin, and Ben a 2nd.

Maybe this was the locker rooms thought on Brown as a teammate.

Maybe this was Porter spinning his "D vs O locker room split" mostly pointing the finger at 84.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

At best, we either get an additional 1st or second for him, or us him to trade up in the draft.

All this talk about trade partners being Oakland, Indy, Jets, SF... what about Seattle. Baldwin is on last leg, their young WR Locket is due for a big contract ( we should go after him). If we take on Brown's cap hit , he still gets paid and Seattle has little to pay in 2019 and they can restructure his remaining contract longer and cap friendly.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."