Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistically....what can we get for AB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    AB is not "high-priced" relative to his production. WR-needy teams aren't wary because of the money, but because of the diva attitude/potential drama.
    there it is

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    if teams feel we will release him, they will super low ball us and play the "I wait till they release him" game.
    Rooney first statement on the matter were that all options were on the table for AB, except for a release. They are not going to let him go for nothing.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

All Pro Shawne Merriman weighed in on the AB situation today on Fox radio.

"Great teams are lead by the locker room, not the head coach". "This isn't on Tomlin, this is on the players to control their locker room". Team leaders need to pull the player aside and tell them directly "this ain't happening here. This isn't what we do around here".

The only player with the status to control AB is Roethlisberger. Maybe he has attempted to deal with AB and this is the source of friction between the two? IMO, it's Roethlisberger that needs/will win out..... and maybe AB realized that and now this is his way to get out?

Legend

User Info Menu

that's why I've continued to say that our best players need to be "our best people"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    All Pro Shawne Merriman weighed in on the AB situation today on Fox radio.

"Great teams are lead by the locker room, not the head coach". "This isn't on Tomlin, this is on the players to control their locker room". Team leaders need to pull the player aside and tell them directly "this ain't happening here. This isn't what we do around here".

The only player with the status to control AB is Roethlisberger. Maybe he has attempted to deal with AB and this is the source of friction between the two? IMO, it's Roethlisberger that needs/will win out..... and maybe AB realized that and now this is his way to get out?
    Great points there...

There is no other explaination on why AB and his corner keep blaming Ben, who started it, by talking about AB on his radio show... Maybe AB just wouldn't listen and need the press as a medium to shut AB up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So is SF the front runner? I will take Kittle and a 5th for AB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    So is SF the front runner? I will take Kittle and a 5th for AB.
    just think... we could have drafted Kittle with a 5th.. the year he came out of college

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    just think... we could have drafted Kittle with a 5th.. the year he came out of college
    Don't remind me, I wanted a TE bad last year. We gave our 5th this year for McDonald right? And wasn't Kittle the first 49er to try to recruit AB... now that would be a full circle.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Rooney first statement on the matter were that all options were on the table for AB, except for a release. They are not going to let him go for nothing.
    I know Rooney said that but he’s suppose to say that. But we don’t know how this is exactly going to play out. Depends on the interest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Don't remind me, I wanted a TE bad last year. We gave our 5th this year for McDonald right? And wasn't Kittle the first 49er to try to recruit AB... now that would be a full circle.
    Yea me too. I wanted us to take a late flyer on him specifically. I remember watching him run a 4.5ish 40 at the combine...and thinking he had great potential.