Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers expected to restructure Ben Roethlisberger's deal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    that's exactly where we are.. and we can come out of it superbowl contenders once again if we play our cards right
    I think you're being wildly optomistic.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    but then again the locker room should be stronger...
    Just with no elite talent (outside of maybe Ben)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    As do I. $21M hit would put a serious dent for any significant offseason moves.
    Not really. They'd have had to pay that to Brown this season anyway.

Look, they'll have the $14.5 million that they won't be paying Bell, and they'll come out better after Ben's restructure. They can make a few moves, even if they dump Brown.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think you're being wildly optomistic.
    that's better than being an "Extemist" I guess... lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Just with no elite talent (outside of maybe Ben)
    and I'm watching Andrew luck (the only elite talent on the Colts offense) and a dominant Defense handle the Texans on their home turf

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Not really. They'd have had to pay that to Brown this season anyway.

Look, they'll have the $14.5 million that they won't be paying Bell, and they'll come out better after Ben's restructure. They can make a few moves, even if they dump Brown.
    But if they trade him, they have to pay him and his replacement. Unless they think they can go with Juju and Washington at 1&2WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

and I'm watching Andrew luck (the only elite talent on the Colts offense) and a dominant Defense handle the Texans on their home turf
    And what happens if they don't have a dominant D?

Especially since this string of comments started with talk of using a premium pick on a RB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we are a few players (and more importantly a competent D coordinator) away from being there. no reason we can't pick up a RB fairly early in the draft and still strengthen the D. The AB trade should give us an immediate impact player

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we are a few players (and more importantly a competent D coordinator) away from being there. no reason we can't pick up a RB fairly early in the draft and still strengthen the D. The AB trade should give us an immediate impact player
    We'll see. But I think you're expectations are very high.

I don't think ABs value is that high and he seems to be doing what he can do minimize it.

I can't see how we get rid of AB, make the D elite (or at least add above average ILB, CB, and probably OLB) , add a 1 or 2 WR to replace AB, stay under the salary cap AND use a premium pick on a RB (I'LL be surprised to do it without using a pick at RB) .

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to do that.

If we trade AB, I don't see how we compete for a SB while Ben is still here.

But we do have one of the best FOs in the business, so hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

It sucks that it looks like we'll have lost our best D player and 2 of our 3 best players on O over about an 18 month span. I don't know how you recover from that in the time Ben has left.

It's why at least part of me is interested in what it would look like to blow the whole thing up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Baby steps first....

Let's see what we can get for AB first.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-05-2019 at 08:32 PM.