Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nothing Personal Joey Porter

Legend

User Info Menu

Who'd think we'd LONG for another Haggins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm not saying that Dupree is a good player or that he's worth the money. But last year he was a liability. This year, he had a few games where he was really effective, and in others, he was serviceable. I don't think he'll ever be much more than he was this year, regardless of system or coaching. You can say that he's still not great, or even good, and most would agree. But I think that is more on him than it was on Porter.
    Dupree ran past more tackles than he made.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Dupree ran past more tackles than he made.
    One of the funniest lines of the year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm not saying that Dupree is a good player or that he's worth the money. But last year he was a liability. This year, he had a few games where he was really effective, and in others, he was serviceable. I don't think he'll ever be much more than he was this year, regardless of system or coaching. You can say that he's still not great, or even good, and most would agree. But I think that is more on him than it was on Porter.
    Definitely agree with this bud...I don't think Porters at fault for Buds inadequacies.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Spoke with linebacker Bud Dupree, who said Steelers OLBs had a group text about report Joey Porter was divisive with offense/defense, didn't agree. Porter told his position to not get in middle of any issues with Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger, said Dupree, who added a problem is defense not knowing about offensive issues. "We have to learn how to be together," he said.

1h
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder what they mean by pitting the defense against the offense?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I wonder what they mean by pitting the defense against the offense?
    Very good question indeed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, Tomlin wacked his ass so there must of been some validity to it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Porter likely was gone because he couldn't develop the players. Not because of any drama issue

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Porter likely was gone because he couldn't develop the players. Not because of any drama issue
    Is this fact or just your genius opinion? LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.