Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN the Reason AB Left Practice

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I blame Tomlin for loosing the locker room a few years ago...this is the crap that happens when a coach looses control.....
    Or maybe we should credit him for keeping Bell and Brown semi-sane for as long as he did?

Clark said that Brown was a problem in like 2012 but it didn't blow up until 2018.

Maybe that means that we were doing something right by harnessing his talent for as long as we could before it all blew up?

It's impossible to know if the explosion would have happened earlier or later if Tomlin / Ben / whoever AB thinks looked at him funny acted differently.

Legend

User Info Menu

I blame Tomlin for loosing the locker room a few years ago...this is the crap that happens when a coach looses control.....
    53 guys on a team and one bad child and the locker room is lost? I think not.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    53 guys on a team and one bad child and the locker room is lost? I think not.
    we have had more drama then any other team the last few years....take the blinds down

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know some of you just hate tomlin (whether is because hes black, because of the rhetoric, the challenges or game management or whatever it may be), but he is a good coach. There is something to comfort in a coaching role, though....that 10+ year mark seems to do it. Mike McCarthy is the most recent example of this, we saw it with Cowher, other long tenured coaches (Fisher, Coughlin, etc...)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I believe this! Big Ben, the real locker room cancer, the elephant in the room.. Stay tuned! I'm sure more of these types of stories will be surfacing..
    Hines didn't like him should tell you something. This goes beyond Brown and I know many Ben fans can't see this. Everyone in the media says he is a bad leader.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Hines didn't like him should tell you something. This goes beyond Brown and I know many Ben fans can't see this. Everyone in the media says he is a bad leader.
    Ben likely isn't the best leader. But I can't see Brown NOT having problems with ANY leader -- UNLESS that leader lets Brown do everything the way Brown wants ... in which case, who is REALLY in charge?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    For sure! I am paying no mind to all of the AB scapegoating on display here on this board. Any fool knows that there is two sides to every story... And conventional wisdom should tell you, who is the longest tenured player on this team? Big Ben! Think about it...

Ben was just fine when he could hide behind strong veteran leadership like Hines, Farrior, Smith, Keisel, Randel El, Bettis, etc.. When those guys retired and they needed him to step up and become that step up and provide that same veteran leadership to the younger players like AB, Bell, Martavis etc.. Look what happened - "jughead" showed his true colors and fell on his face. That is why you have the chaos that you have in the lockerroom now!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I heard ben learned a lot and carried qualities from the team leaders he played with early in his career. Im not sure ben "fell on his face" this season. Not saying hes the best leader, but its silly to blame him and think the steelers are going to be better without him lol

Remember when some of you wanted to trade ben for the chance to draft sam bradford or jimmy clausen lol

Legend

User Info Menu

we have had more drama then any other team the last few years....take the blinds down
    No true. You just don't follow other teams as close as the Steelers. I am in Central Florida and get bombarded by Jags, Buc and Dolphins coverage. They have more issues than we ever have. The issues on the Jags with Jalen Ramsey are worse than AB has been until the most recent incident.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No true. You just don't follow other teams as close as the Steelers. I am in Central Florida and get bombarded by Jags, Buc and Dolphins coverage. They have more issues than we ever have. The issues on the Jags with Jalen Ramsey are worse than AB has been until the most recent incident.
    Trade each of our problems away...one team's trash could be another team's treasure...AB for Ramsey...straight up.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.