Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: BEN the Reason AB Left Practice

  1. #111
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    AB is a grown ass man. 30 acting like a 3 year old. A total punk. That’s not on Tomlin. That’s on AB. Make him come in and stand in front of the whole team to explain himself/apologize. Fine him. Whatever punishment the coach feels is deserving. But without a number 1 you let him rot on the sidelines before you cut him. And fine him every game he doesn’t show up. Humiliate him if you have to. But You don’t let him “hold his breath” to get his way. F that. See if his business is booming when he’s not getting reps.

    Hate him all you want but letting him walk for nothing is bad business.
    As usual, spot on Ghost.

  2. #112
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What if AB has mental issues?

    Are you saying management needs to demand a psychological evaluation?

  3. #113
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Im not saying there's any way in hell they let him walk for nothing.

    Anyone who suggests the Steelers should keep AB after him and JH mocked Mike Tomlin on social media needs to have their heads examined though. lol

  4. #114
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    sure you do.. if it means saving your neck aka Tomlin's credibility
    . Itís addition by subtraction. Cleaning house of all personalites that are causing issues sends a massive message. We expect team first mentalities. If you can not meld with that environment go play for someone else. Itís a bold move. But getting rid of Brown and Bell will in the long run be a blessing.

  5. #115
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im not saying there's any way in hell they let him walk for nothing.

    Anyone who suggests the Steelers should keep AB after him and JH mocked Mike Tomlin on social media needs to have their heads examined though. lol
    . Agreed. He forced the Steelers hands. I think there’s less than a 5% chance he plays for us next year.

  6. #116
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    . Agreed. He forced the Steelers hands. I think there’s less than a 5% chance he plays for us next year.
    I agree. And I have this feeling that James Harrison encouraged his behavior. Just be an ass and you can change teams. That's the counter to the "no leverage" comment.

  7. #117
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    AB is a grown ass man. 30 acting like a 3 year old. A total punk. That’s not on Tomlin. That’s on AB. Make him come in and stand in front of the whole team to explain himself/apologize. Fine him. Whatever punishment the coach feels is deserving. But without a number 1 you let him rot on the sidelines before you cut him. And fine him every game he doesn’t show up. Humiliate him if you have to. But You don’t let him “hold his breath” to get his way. F that. See if his business is booming when he’s not getting reps.

    Hate him all you want but letting him walk for nothing is bad business.
    I tend to agree with this. Not just the part about Brown being a lousy human being with mental issues. That we all know. But these contracts are a two way street. Brown signed after consultation with agents and lawyers, and decided it was the deal he wanted. He shouldn't be allowed to pout his way out of it, just because he no longer wants the terms. I hope the Steelers consider telling him that he's not going anywhere (unless he find a team that compensates us completely), and he needs to make amends, or he can show up for 2019 games wearing a girl's coat again until he does make amends.

  8. #118
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Are you saying management needs to demand a psychological evaluation?
    On the one hand, it could severely hurt his trade value if he's found to be mentally ill.

    On the other hand, if we're really going to entertain the idea of keeping him, I think we need to know what his condition is and demand that he get treatment, if needed.

    Personally, I think we ought to trade him.

  9. #119
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I too want to move on from him. Either we get a first round pick or a good defensive player in one of our areas of need on defense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •