Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN the Reason AB Left Practice

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BEN the Reason AB Left Practice

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-Ben-Roethlisberger-breaking-point-127269116/

Report: AB's 'breaking point' came after being yelled at by Ben

By BRYAN DEARDO
    Antonio Brown's reasoning behind his forced separation with the Pittsburgh Steelers remains a mystery. While it's clear Brown isn't happy with the organization, the question of why remains unanswered. We're also still trying to find out exactly what transpired between Brown and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during the last Wednesday practice of the 2018 regular season, the practice where Brown reportedly yelled "I'm done!" (or something of that nature) before walking off the practice field and not returning to the team until Sunday's game. Brown, who left Sunday's game before it's conclusion, has not spoken with the organization since despite numerous attempts by Mike Tomlin , Big Ben, and other Steelers players to get into contact with him.
    On Wednesday, NFL Network analyst and former Green Bay Packers receiver James Jones reported what he hears transpired between Brown and Roethlisberger last Wednesday that ultimately served as Brown's "boiling point".
    “I have talked to a couple people in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ organization. And they told me this has been lingering on. Big Ben and AB’s relationship is not like that. They may try and cover it up in public. AB has never came out and trashed Big Ben but Big Ben has come out and said things about AB and other players and other receivers.
    “I’ve been told in meetings [Roethlisberger] would take shots at AB. Like, ‘I don’t got to throw you the ball,’ in those terms and things like that.
    “Wednesday in practice, when he did practice, I heard he ran the wrong route, Big Ben threw the ball on the ground, said, ‘Get him out of here. Get somebody else in there,’ and that’s when AB was at his boiling point and that’s when he went off.”
    “And we all know when we get mad, we say things that we don’t wanna say. Trade me, I don’t wanna play with Big Ben…all that type of stuff.
    “This comes back to the relationship of Big Ben and AB, because when I listen and I say he hasn’t returned any of Big Ben’s calls, if I respect you and have a relationship with you like that…you have a conversation and you talk it out. But for him to call him back and respond, that lets you know the relationship that they have…it’s always somebody else’s fault but [Roethlisberger’s]."
    A couple of things to digest here. First, Jones' report is saying that this happened during practice, which goes against previous reports stating that Big Ben and Brown's incident took place during walk throughs. Secondly, even if Roethlisbeger did do what Jones reported, that doesn't condone Brown leaving Wednesday's practice early, then cutting out on the next several days of practice while refusing to ignore phone calls from his head coach. Lastly, if Brown has an issue with the way Roethlisberger addresses him, he needs to handle it in a professional manner. Maybe Brown has, and for whatever reason, it hasn't improved the situation. But regardless, there's no situation that can condone quitting on your team in it's darkest hour.
    Last edited by SidSmythe; 01-03-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This seems fishy to me. Heck, I think that Ben has thrown a number of INT's this year because he was trying to force the ball to AB. Ben has said nothing but positive things about AB publicly and he doesn't seem to have the passive/aggressive thing going on him either.

Not buying it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe Ben to certainly be passive/aggressive. the way he tries to use his radio show as some kind platform to speak to teammates is ham handed at best and pretty bizarre at its worst. he's just clumsy with the way he tries to lead, imo. the rumors of teammates not liking him go all the way back to his rookie season when they called him red light ben

great player on the field, terrible leader off the field

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is this fake news? Vets (Ben, Foster, etc.) usually take Wednesday off...

Legend

User Info Menu

I got blasted when I suggested it a few days ago, but the best thing for the team when it comes to the big picture might be to get rid of both of these guys. I love and have cheered for both, but as long as they're here, expect more of the same kind of drama and dysfunction ... and probably underachieving results.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Is this fake news? Vets (Ben, Foster, etc.) usually take Wednesday off...
    maybe Jones was talking about the Wednesday walkthrough ... that's where it happened, according to the earlier reports I saw

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown is still at fault. So AB can’t take some criticism and he storms off in a huff and basically quits. These are grown men with childish behavior. Any attempt by national reporters to make me feel sorry for him will fall on deaf ears. Bottom line is he quit and walked out on his teammates before what could have been an important game.

It’s time for these two to act like men and hash this out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Brown is still at fault. So AB can’t take some criticism and he storms off in a huff and basically quits. These are grown men with childish behavior. Any attempt by national reporters to make me feel sorry for him will fall on deaf ears. Bottom line is he quit and walked out on his teammates before what could have been an important game.

It’s time for these two to act like men and hash this out.
    Well, they might be able to repair their own relationship that way, but it may be too late for either of them when it comes to the team.

Look, I say Brown is at fault in this situation. No excuse for what he did. But Ben has been the cause of a lot of unnecessary drama, too. Send the message that we're not going to put up with any of this anymore -- get rid of the two biggest "problem child"s on the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If they would just go give Brown a hug, and maybe do a "recount" on the team MVP and give him JuJu's trophy, I think this may go away.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I believe this! Big Ben, the real locker room cancer, the elephant in the room.. Stay tuned! I'm sure more of these types of stories will be surfacing..