Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 208

Thread: Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming

    Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming: ‘When You Lack Success, When You Fail, Change Is A Part Of It’

    By Dave Bryan
    Posted on January 2, 2019

    The Pittsburgh Steelers go through changes every offseason but the upcoming one will more than likely include more changes than normal and head coach Mike Tomlin said as much on Wednesday during his end-of-the-season wrap-up press conference.

    “When you lack success, when you fail, change is a part of it,” Tomlin said. “We’ve talked about it as a staff, we’ve talked about it as players in an exit interview or exit meetings. That’s just our business. You can look around our business and see and recognize and embrace that element of it. So, that’s why there’s great scarcity, that’s why these moments are what they are. That’s why we got to live them to the fullest.

    “So, yes, change is going to be a part moving forward. What those changes will be, we’re in the process of gathering information and plotting out a course. We’re not going to be resistant to change in any facet, we’re not going to be resistant to accountability in any facet. We’re not going to be resistant to taking ownership over what has transpired, because that’s not conducive to us moving forward.”

    Later during his press conference Tomlin was asked if the forthcoming changes he talked about could includes changes to the coaching staff.

    “Again, like I outlined, change is a part of this, particularly when you’re having press conferences like today, Tomlin said. “I don’t run away from that, our staff doesn’t run away from that. The evaluation process, the reviewing process, the things that we’re going through as we waddle in it today, I’m acknowledging that change is a part of where we’re headed and that I’m open to it because I’m not open to repeatedly doing this.”

    In short, it sounds like a few Steelers coaches will be out of jobs in the very near future and that list could include defensive coordinator Keith Butler and special teams coordinator Danny Smith as both those units have not lived up to expectations the last several seasons. We might even see a few position coaches lose their jobs as well.

    The coaching changes will likely start taking place very soon so expect a busy start of the Steelers offseason when it comes to news.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/to...-a-part-of-it/

  2. #2
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming: ‘When You Lack Success, When You Fail, Change Is A Part Of It’

    By Dave Bryan
    Posted on January 2, 2019

    The Pittsburgh Steelers go through changes every offseason but the upcoming one will more than likely include more changes than normal and head coach Mike Tomlin said as much on Wednesday during his end-of-the-season wrap-up press conference.

    “When you lack success, when you fail, change is a part of it,” Tomlin said. “We’ve talked about it as a staff, we’ve talked about it as players in an exit interview or exit meetings. That’s just our business. You can look around our business and see and recognize and embrace that element of it. So, that’s why there’s great scarcity, that’s why these moments are what they are. That’s why we got to live them to the fullest.

    “So, yes, change is going to be a part moving forward. What those changes will be, we’re in the process of gathering information and plotting out a course. We’re not going to be resistant to change in any facet, we’re not going to be resistant to accountability in any facet. We’re not going to be resistant to taking ownership over what has transpired, because that’s not conducive to us moving forward.”

    Later during his press conference Tomlin was asked if the forthcoming changes he talked about could includes changes to the coaching staff.

    “Again, like I outlined, change is a part of this, particularly when you’re having press conferences like today, Tomlin said. “I don’t run away from that, our staff doesn’t run away from that. The evaluation process, the reviewing process, the things that we’re going through as we waddle in it today, I’m acknowledging that change is a part of where we’re headed and that I’m open to it because I’m not open to repeatedly doing this.”

    In short, it sounds like a few Steelers coaches will be out of jobs in the very near future and that list could include defensive coordinator Keith Butler and special teams coordinator Danny Smith as both those units have not lived up to expectations the last several seasons. We might even see a few position coaches lose their jobs as well.

    The coaching changes will likely start taking place very soon so expect a busy start of the Steelers offseason when it comes to news.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/to...-a-part-of-it/
    Wow...Gee, I wonder who it could be?

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaa..bye Butler. Walk the plank!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Is it time to bring in Todd Bowles?? Does he run a 4-3

    After all these years I'm finally ready for the 4-3. Always been against it b/c of our personnel.
    However right now being thin at ILB the 4-3 could be the way to go and put WATT at DE
    Tuitt plays opposite END with Hargrave and Heyward playing DT
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Is it time to bring in Todd Bowles?? Does he run a 4-3

    After all these years I'm finally ready for the 4-3. Always been against it b/c of our personnel.
    However right now being thin at ILB the 4-3 could be the way to go and put WATT at DE
    Tuitt plays opposite END with Hargrave and Heyward playing DT
    Would make my 2019 if we did switch. We have been trying to find the "right guys" for the 3-4 for 5 years and it hasn't worked. Time to change and get the right guy in to implement

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Would make my 2019 if we did switch. We have been trying to find the "right guys" for the 3-4 for 5 years and it hasn't worked. Time to change and get the right guy in to implement
    I'm steel Maniac and I agree with this assessment. LOL

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Would make my 2019 if we did switch. We have been trying to find the "right guys" for the 3-4 for 5 years and it hasn't worked. Time to change and get the right guy in to implement
    Ovi, you want the team to switch to a 4-3? Why didn't you say something earlier?

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Ovi, you want the team to switch to a 4-3? Why didn't you say something earlier?
    lol

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Would make my 2019 if we did switch. We have been trying to find the "right guys" for the 3-4 for 5 years and it hasn't worked. Time to change and get the right guy in to implement
    Yup, time to change
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Porter should be close to the top of the list....

    Also, this speaks volumes, "......I’m acknowledging that change is a part of where we’re headed and that I’m open to it because I’m not open to repeatedly doing this.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •