Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are AB and LB leaving enough to change the culture?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Are AB and LB leaving enough to change the culture?

Clearly this team has struggled with what it means to be a professional lately. Are AB and Bell the primary culprits? Will moving on from both of them in dramatic fashion, during their primes, be enough of a message sent to the rest of the players to turn things around?

Both are money driven all-pros, both in the discussion for being the best at their position. Both have seemingly level headed, young, and very talented players behind them in Conner and JuJu who could possibly replicate their production.

Is it enough?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin needs to stop being everyone’s homey and focus on being a more mature role model. Say what you want about Belicheck but at least he plays the part of a grown ass football coach.

Banned

User Info Menu

No it’s not enough ; you know what really needs to happen. So I’m just waiting patiently until it does so we can get back into the buisness of winning championships.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-07-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Losing those two clowns, and the devastating loss of Shazier, is enormous. I can't remember any team losing that much talent in such a short period. It will have significant impact on us in winning games going forward.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Losing those two clowns, and the devastating loss of Shazier, is enormous. I can't remember any team losing that much talent in such a short period. It will have significant impact on us in winning games going forward.
    It probably will. We need an influx of talent; we can't afford to miss anymore on high draft picks on defense. It burns me up on how we missed on Leonard and Harold Landry. Either one would have been a welcomed addition for our defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Is it enough?
    Don't forget Porter and Harrison. All 4 of these guys were apparently doing their best to make for an unprofessional atmosphere.

Legend

User Info Menu

I ask again, do two players a culture make. Given the response we have heard from other players it appears Brown and Bell are outliers and the vast majority of the team is united in their culture and their view of behavior outside of the cultural norm.

To me that means that the vast majority of this team isn't going to tolerate that behavior or embrace it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I ask again, do two players a culture make. Given the response we have heard from other players it appears Brown and Bell are outliers and the vast majority of the team is united in their culture and their view of behavior outside of the cultural norm.

To me that means that the vast majority of this team isn't going to tolerate that behavior or embrace it.
    I get it you refuse to suggest its a culture thing.

it's not two. LeGarratte Blount was part of this...he got his way and went to a SuperBowl winning team thus setting the precedent.
    Harrison he got his way and went to a super bowl participant
    Bell
    Brown

Look you can believe what you want obviously, but to suggest this was two people is inaccurate. There has been some history of this. I would suggest that most of the time things of this nature (cultural aspects) stay in the house. If these incidents come out and are in public imagine how many more issues have occurred.

Let me add this...

Given your position, you would not have thought there was a culture issue behind the scenes within the Seattle Seahawks. They had very little stuff leak out. Suddenly you saw after the purge of all Pro defenders, that there was a huge problem in the locker room. They let some pretty world class talent go (Bennet, Sherman) and still will after this year with Earl Thomas.

Some of the stuff was eerily familiar with sleeping in team meetings or reading a book while the head coach was trying to coach them up (sound familiar)?

Pete Carroll has even gone as far as to admit that there was a need for a change. That happens with most players coaches. I would say seeing what I saw upfront this year, they were hugely successful by addition by subtraction.

borthervad
    Last edited by brothervad; 01-07-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Tomlin needs to stop being everyone’s homey and focus on being a more mature role model.
    ^This

1000%

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    I get it you refuse to suggest its a culture thing.

it's not two. LeGarratte Blount was part of this...he got his way and went to a SuperBowl winning team thus setting the precedent.
    Harrison he got his way and went to a super bowl participant
    Bell
    Brown

Look you can believe what you want obviously, but to suggest this was two people is inaccurate. There has been some history of this. I would suggest that most of the time things of this nature (cultural aspects) stay in the house. If these incidents come out and are in public imagine how many more issues have occurred.

Let me add this...

Given your position, you would not have thought there was a culture issue behind the scenes within the Seattle Seahawks. They had very little stuff leak out. Suddenly you saw after the purge of all Pro defenders, that there was a huge problem in the locker room. They let some pretty world class talent go (Bennet, Sherman) and still will after this year with Earl Thomas.

Some of the stuff was eerily familiar with sleeping in team meetings or reading a book while the head coach was trying to coach them up (sound familiar)?

Pete Carroll has even gone as far as to admit that there was a need for a change. That happens with most players coaches. I would say seeing what I saw upfront this year, they were hugely successful by addition by subtraction.

borthervad
    he will play down every situation and say management is in control and everything will always be sunny.