Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 208

Thread: Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming

  1. #141
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    what Tomlin needs:

    Falcons assistant Kyle Flood will handle clock management and replays

    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 10, 2019

    Falcons head coach Dan Quinn has shaken up his coaching staff this offseason, and one of the major changes is to have a coach whose responsibilities include clock management decisions and making the call on replay challenges.

    Quinn announced today that Kyle Flood, who spent the last two years as the Falcons’ assistant offensive line coach, will have a new senior assistant role that includes in-game decision making, clock management strategy, timeouts and challenges.

    Before joining the Falcons’ staff Flood spent four years as the head coach at Rutgers, so he has plenty of experience with managing games. That’s usually the head coach’s job, but a head coach has a lot to think about during a game, and it makes sense to have an assistant who can think only about those key decisions.

    Giving a coach specific responsibilities relating to clock management is a smart move, one that Rams head coach Sean McVay did a year ago when he hired Jedd Fisch as an analyst and, in McVay’s words, “clock management specialist.” It won’t be surprising to see more coaches make these kinds of hires.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-and-replays/
    Smart coach; knows he had a deficiancy and is man enough to own it and fix it.

  2. #142
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Smart coach; knows he had a deficiancy and is man enough to own it and fix it.
    I'd like to see this too (along with a clock guy to advise the HC).

    I don't think challenges are as important as they used to be with all the automatic reviews, but it's only money (no cap hit) so I think we should bring in quality control guys like this

  3. #143
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    incredibly condescending post from the same guy who bitched and moaned for YEARS about wanting to fire dick lebeau

    so hypocritical but par for the course

    I'm glad I didn't disappoint. Thanks for posting

    And I was proven right about LeBeau...just to refresh your memory

  4. #144
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I think enough time has passed to assume Butler is coming back.
    The definition of insanity right there!

  5. #145
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm glad I didn't disappoint. Thanks for posting

    And I was proven right about LeBeau...just to refresh your memory
    you were?

    butler sucks worse than lebeau ever did

    he can barely get players lined up and apparently doesn't know the players that he is gameplanning against

  6. #146
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you were?

    butler sucks worse than lebeau ever did

    he can barely get players lined up and apparently doesn't know the players that he is gameplanning against
    Reading is fundamental. You apparently are still so fixated on who posts you aren't reading what is posted.

    I never said Butler was great and if you actually read what I did posted I clearly stated he needed to go, just like LeBeau did. Unfortunately I don't make that decision and it appears those who do make aren't going to can him like LeBeau was. So I think we actually agree that Butler should go...correct????

  7. #147
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Let me say this.... IT IS A SIN to mention Dick Lebeau (a legend) and Keith Butler in the same sentence.

    Lebeau was our DC for 3 SB's (2 of which were victories). Was he let go at the right time? I won't dispute that... but lets not compare a guy who has had success in the league for damned near 6 decades... with a guy who was game planning for a TE who had been on the IR for 4 months.

  8. #148
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Reading is fundamental. You apparently are still so fixated on who posts you aren't reading what is posted.

    I never said Butler was great and if you actually read what I did posted I clearly stated he needed to go, just like LeBeau did. Unfortunately I don't make that decision and it appears those who do make aren't going to can him like LeBeau was. So I think we actually agree that Butler should go...correct????
    I can read just fine ovi

    I just think it's hypocritical of you to bash other posters who feel tomlin should be under scrutiny when you ripped lebeau for years on this board

    you seem to think you are some all knowing messiah when it comes to how steelers fans should act when you have been guilty of the same sins, that's all

  9. #149
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I can read just fine ovi

    I just think it's hypocritical of you to bash other posters who feel tomlin should be under scrutiny when you ripped lebeau for years on this board

    you seem to think you are some all knowing messiah when it comes to how steelers fans should act when you have been guilty of the same sins, that's all
    Yes!! That’s why I’ve placed him on my ignore list today.

  10. #150
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yes!! That’s why I’ve placed him on my ignore list today.
    You can't read this but thank you. New Year's Resolution #1...Check

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •