Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming

Legend

User Info Menu

Munchak didn't get hired by anyone yet. Why are we acting like it is a done deal??? Just need to keep the "glass half empty" and make yourselves miserable??????

Lets wait for something real to happen why don't we?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Broncos, Dolphins explore trade for Ravens' John Harbaugh

By Mark W. Sanchez

January 6, 2019 | 2:19pm

The Ravens curiously announced Dec. 21, still with time remaining in the season, that head coach John Harbaugh would receive a contract extension.

It’s Jan. 6, nothing is signed, and teams around the NFL have noticed.

The two sides are still working on an extension, ESPN reported Sunday, just before the Ravens and Chargers kicked off in the first round of the playoffs. Yet, the report states, without that signature, two teams with head-coaching openings are strongly considering a trade for the 11th-year Ravens coach, who has a Super Bowl title on his resume. Pro Football Talk reported those two teams are the Dolphins and Broncos. Also with a vacancy is the Jets, who interviewed Mike McCarthy on Saturday.

Broncos GM John Elway did not dismiss the theoretical possibility at his year-end news conference.

“At this point in time, we’re looking at everything,” Elway told reporters last week, when asked if he would consider trading for a coach. “So, like I said, we’re four hours out from relieving our coach of his duties. So, the process that we go through and where we’re going to go now, everything is a possibility. I always listen to everything.”

Harbaugh has one year remaining on his contract and could come back as a lame-duck coach, though that is unlikely.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/06/two-teams-exploring-trade-for-ravens-coach-john-harbaugh/
    Harbaugh can go over to Denver if he wants; Hell, I hope he does that way Munchak can stay put possibly here. They don't have a QB in Denver so you can't realistically compete without one in today's NFL. In the same Division with Mahommes/Reid and Phillip Rivers/Chargers too? Good luck.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I miss Munchak already

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Harbaugh can go over to Denver if he wants; Hell, I hope he does that way Munchak can stay put possibly here. They don't have a QB in Denver so you can't realistically compete without one in today's NFL. In the same Division with Mahommes/Reid and Phillip Rivers/Chargers too? Good luck.
    This is why Munchak would be foolish to go there unless he just wants to be a head coach. He has no QB in a division with three teams with QBs (Chiefs/Mahomes, Chargers/Rivers and Raiders/Carr) likely better than anyone he would have in his first 3-4 years. Plus the Bronco's defense is getting older and are likely on the back side of their prime years for several of the key players.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I miss Munchak already
    hahahahahahaha..you remember those tough years just before he got here huh? Me too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Munchak didn't get hired by anyone yet. Why are we acting like it is a done deal??? Just need to keep the "glass half empty" and make yourselves miserable??????

Lets wait for something real to happen why don't we?
    This is just crazy talk, You need to get on the pain, despair, and agony, on us bandwagon.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hahahahahahaha..you remember those tough years just before he got here huh? Me too.
    Yeah I remember Marcus Gilbert being fat and useless, i remember Jonathan Scott as the LT, I remember Justin Hartwig and Sean Mahan. Pretty sure in only 1 year mahan still leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 12 seasons.

Munchak is such a tremendous offensive line coach...if he cant get it out of you, you do not belong in this league. He was given a lot of talent in Pouncey and Decastro, even Gilbert from a talent standpoint but he had to squeeze the talent out of gilbert.

Not to mention....Villanueva, while not perfect, went from being a WR to a DE/TE/OT prospect and not is a pro bowl LT (whether its deserved or not isnt the point, hes come a very odd road). Kelvin Beachem a late round pick from SMU doesnt fit the mold for a LT at all and was tremendous against most teams and signed with another team as a top FA pickup, same thing with Hubbard. Finney/Feiler same thing, didnt miss a beat when called on

Give him top players he give you top units. Give him raw players he molds them into pro bowlers....really going back to Tennessee with David Stewart and Michael Roos

Legend

User Info Menu

You must admit that it looks "Grim" right now? Pardon the pun.
    I'm more worried about the lack of talent on D than I am about the O-line coach.

I think it's much easier to find someone to coach a good unit than it is to infuse high end talent into a roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

we still have a running joke asking if someone can play center.....stemming from the pre-munchak days.

He has been a terrific coach for us. I hope he stays. But the fact he's in the conversation, his days here are numbered. If not this year, then next. But sooner rather than later I suspect.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm more worried about the lack of talent on D than I am about the O-line coach.

I think it's much easier to find someone to coach a good unit than it is to infuse high end talent into a roster.
    It's a good unit because HE MADE them good. Our O-line was a joke for years before. But I took place a priority of our defensive talent first.