Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I want no parts of Marvin Lewis. If you buy we have a "culture issue", which I don't think we do, then he is the last person you want. Lewis is the ultimate enabler

What about Todd Bowles or Vance Joseph at new Def Coord. I read the latter is interviewing in Cincinnati, but unclear if for head coach or DC.
    If you don't buy the idea the we have a culture issue.. you are in the minority. Not saying you are wrong... but it's not a popular opinion in the football world at the present time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    If you don't buy the idea the we have a culture issue.. you are in the minority. Not saying you are wrong... but it's not a popular opinion in the football world at the present time.
    Depends on the idea of a culture issue. Is all of the AB stuff representative of that? Perhaps, but if he is traded, or if it can be corrected, is there still a problem?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Depends on the idea of a culture issue. Is all of the AB stuff representative of that? Perhaps, but if he is traded, or if it can be corrected, is there still a problem?
    AB is a diva.

We have many other quality players who don't appear to have many diva qualities, including the likes of Juju, Conner, DeCastro, Pouncey, Villenueva, Foster, Gilbert, McDonald, Heyward, Tuitt, Watt, Haden, etc.)
    Plan A: Trade 1.20/3.66/5.141 & 2020 3rd to BUF for 1.9 (ILB Devin White)

Plan B:
    1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa 6-5 251
    2.52 WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa State 6-5 227
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 256
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 5-11 210
    4.122 ILB David Long Jr., West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 CB Isaiah Johnson, Houston 6-2 208
    6.175 ILB Bobby Okereke, Stanford 6-1 239
    6.192 RB Travis Homer, Miami 5-10 201
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas 6-5 306
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

Legend

User Info Menu

it is well documented that the Steelers have given emphasis to drafting "high character guys"... which leads me to believe that this is an ongoing issue.. and larger than AB. There's little doubt in my mind that Bell was part of the problem when he was here. Perhaps Tomlin can gain control of his locker room with the 2 Bs gone

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    AB is a diva.

We have many other quality players who don't appear to have many diva qualities, including the likes of Juju, Conner, DeCastro, Pouncey, Villenueva, Foster, Gilbert, McDonald, Heyward, Tuitt, Watt, Haden, etc.)
    Which goes back to my point is how do you have a culture problem when one player out of 53+ seems to be the source of current issues and angst?

Seems to me you have an AB problem not a culture problem

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    it is well documented that the Steelers have given emphasis to drafting "high character guys"... which leads me to believe that this is an ongoing issue.. and larger than AB. There's little doubt in my mind that Bell was part of the problem when he was here. Perhaps Tomlin can gain control of his locker room with the 2 Bs gone
    Bell and AB are two out of 60+ on the team. Two players don't make a team culture issue. To believe that you conveniently discount what the other 60 guys do and the type of men they are

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bell and AB are two out of 60+ on the team. Two players don't make a team culture issue. To believe that you conveniently discount what the other 60 guys do and the type of men they are
    Ask any teacher who have classes of around 30 kids if the entire culture of the classroom can be affected by one or two kids.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ask any teacher who have classes of around 30 kids if the entire culture of the classroom can be affected by one or two kids.
    Ask any NCO/Officer in the military.

Remember Full Metal Jacket - and the blanket party? It's a movie but that really happened back in the day.

When I was in Basic Training we didn't have that above, but what the drill sergeants did was isolate and weed out the one/two individuals because they would be detriment to the team.

While football is not a military unit...it's focus is not on the individual but the entire team. I disgare Ovi, one or two does indicate a culture problem.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    I vote for Marvin Lewis to replace Keith Butler.
    Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Which goes back to my point is how do you have a culture problem when one player out of 53+ seems to be the source of current issues and angst?

Seems to me you have an AB problem not a culture problem
    Hmmmm, this makes a lot of sense.
    One or two bad apples doesnt spoil the whole bunch.
    It depends on how much leeway you give those bad apples.
    Perhaps this is a learning lesson for the coaches.
    You aren't the players' friends at the end of the day.
    I believe coaching is a learning experience and they probably learn something new every year.
    At least the really good ones do IMO
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.