Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AB Calls Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking Thursday, Steelers owner Art Rooney II said he was open to trading Antonio Brown, and that it was "hard to envision" him being with the team in 2019.

Rooney said that the only thing not on the table was releasing Brown. The Steelers are not going to give Brown away, but their intentions could not be more clear. The de facto deadline is March 17, when Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus. Whatever happened to cause Brown's Week 17 deactivation was the breaking point of a years-long accumulation of events. The best receiver in football turns 31 in July. Despite 2018's ugly turn, he will be in high demand.
    Source: Gerry Dulac on Twitter

Legend

User Info Menu

Pete, from the above post, it looks like AB's a goner. Sorry buddy.

Legend

User Info Menu

agreed... I am glad to see Mr. Rooney take this stance, even though AB was/is a hell of a talent. If Tomlin is to remain our coach... I want to see him at least have a chance to recapture what has been lost...

AB surviving this latest rampage only sets Tomlin up for failure. It's the right move.

Starter

User Info Menu

AB just posted on his Instagram a picture of him and art II shaking hands noting good businesses #boomin......hmmmmmm??https://www.instagram.com/p/BseF4DOh...=1kfgk8vngzjmj
    Last edited by Steelwolf; 01-10-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    AB just posted on his Instagram a picture of him and art II shaking hands noting good businesses #boomin......hmmmmmm??https://www.instagram.com/p/BseF4DOh...=1kfgk8vngzjmj
    AB is on hallucinogens..............................

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers have not spoken with Antonio Brown since he was deactivated for the team's Week 17 game against the Bengals.

Per reporter Gerry Dulac, Brown has "refused to return repeated phone calls" from owner Art Rooney II and coach Mike Tomlin. He skipped the team's final meetings. "Whether the situation can be reconciled and have him back on the team next year, we’re a long way away from thinking that can happen," Rooney said, expanding on his comments that it was difficult to envision Brown with the team in 2019. "We’re not closing the door on anything at this point." Rooney said the massive $21.2 million cap hit the Steelers would take by trading Brown will not factor into their decision. Rooney sounds 100 percent ready to move on.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good riddance. I canít stand guys with absurdly childish, selfish behavior like AB. Heís T.O. II. Good luck to the next team who brings that massive head of his in as a savior.

i hope we trade him to a team with a much lesser QB (though I will feel for that guy).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Pete, from the above post, it looks like AB's a goner. Sorry buddy.
    That not what i got out of that article and from what i've been reading.
    Im sorry if im not excited about getting rid of the best wideout in the game.
    Im hoping he comes back with hat in hand and begs to retire a Steeler.
    I applaud Rooney for not being held hostage by this nincompoop...LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    That not what i got out of that article and from what i've been reading.
    Im sorry if im not excited about getting rid of the best wideout in the game.
    Im hoping he comes back with hat in hand and begs to retire a Steeler.
    I applaud Rooney for not being held hostage by this nincompoop...LOL
    oh Pete; your denying it all the way to the end. I understand.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course i am.
    Id rather have AB, than not have AB.
    No one knows until March
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Of course i am.
    Id rather have AB, than not have AB.
    No one knows until March
    I concur, I'd rather be throwing the ball to him than having to keep it away from him, he is a dynamic receiver, hopefully, the two sides and all parties involved will come together at some point and find a way forward like any co-workers in any business.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Deandre Baker
    2.52 - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    3.66 - Deebo Samuel, WR, S. Carolina
    4.122 -
    5.141 -
    6.175 -
    6.192 -
    6.207 -
    7.219 -