Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AB Calls Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Folks complain about draft deficiencies holding this team back around here, but it was only 20 short months ago when our front office scored T.J. Watt in round 1, Juju Smith-Schuster in round 2, and James Conner in round 3 of the same draft. Those are our building blocks for the future. Arguably our best draft since the greatest of all time back in 1974.
    That was a good draft;What about that Jarvis Jones draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    That was a good draft;What about that Jarvis Jones draft?
    That was an awful draft overall for the league. There were probably about a dozen or so busts taken in the top half of that first round. We still ended up with arguably the most talented player in that draft in round 2 when we took Le'Veon Bell after Jarvis.
    Trade 1.20, 3.66, 5.141, & a 3rd round pick in 2020 to BUF for 1.9

1.9 ILB Devin White
    2.52 WR Kelvin Harmon
    3.83 OLB Chase Winovich
    4.122 TE Josh Oliver
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair
    6.192 RB Travis Homer
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

Trade 2.52, 3.66, 3.83, & 5.141 to SEA for 1.21 & 4.124

1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson
    1.21 ILB Devin Bush
    4.122 OLB Christian Miller
    4.124 WR David Sills
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair
    6.192 RB Travis Homer
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

Legend

User Info Menu

That was an awful draft overall for the league. There were probably about a dozen or so busts taken in the top half of that first round. We still ended up with arguably the most talented player in that draft in round 2 when we took Le'Veon Bell after Jarvis.
    See? using what the rest of the league did/or doesn't do as a barometer for our lack of success. I don't subscribe to that. I don't care what the Bengals, Cardinals, Bucs or any of those cornball teams do. They don't justify what we do or don't do.

What about the Sean Davis/Artie Burns draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Folks complain about draft deficiencies holding this team back around here, but it was only 20 short months ago when our front office scored T.J. Watt in round 1, Juju Smith-Schuster in round 2, and James Conner in round 3 of the same draft. Those are our building blocks for the future. Arguably our best draft since the greatest of all time back in 1974.
    I don't personally have a problem with Colbert and Co. in the drafting department. Scouting is a crap shoot. Overall they have done well. With that said, their ability to find and develop secondary talent is horrific. Whatever they need to do, probably get a new set of eyes on film in their scouting department. They should do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    hed have to play another 7 or 8 years at the same level to come close to Rice imo

hes not quite half way there
    Probably so. But, I see no signs of AB slowing down unless he lands with a ish QB. He rarely misses games, trains like a freak. I see him going another 8 hard if he wishes. I mean Jerry put up all those numbers over 19 seasons. I think AB can do it in 16.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB ain’t Jerry Rice; not the same athlete. And Rice had Montana, Young and Rich Gannon during his hot period throwing to him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    AB ainít Jerry Rice; not the same athlete. And Rice had Montana, Young and Rich Gannon during his hot period throwing to him.
    Not the same athlete...AB is an amazing athlete

Legend

User Info Menu

2013 to 2016 Steeler drafts were dismal.... the Steelers are only now beginning to recover.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Not the same athlete...AB is an amazing athlete
    indeed... pretty sure his 40 is faster than Jerry's. would guess he had a better vertical, too. people think Jerry was a freak athlete. he was just a damned hard worker
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    2019 NFL MockDeville
    1. Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    2a. Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida (from Raiders)
    2b. Deebo Samuel, WR, S.Caroline
    3. Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    indeed... pretty sure his 40 is faster than Jerry's. would guess he had a better vertical, too. people think Jerry was a freak athlete. he was just a damned hard worker
    Just because he’s faster doesn’t make him a better athelete or wide receiver. Dude do you know who jerry Rice got his workout regiment from? I’m going to stop; I keep forgetting most of you were in the crib when Jerry played.