Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AB Calls Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Also reported this morning, AB deleted the Steelers from his Instagram account. Let's face it, this moron is cutting ties and burning bridges. You could also include a 4th person in the quitting on the Steelers/Tomlin narrative if you remember a certain RB walking off the field in disgust (LeGarrett Blount). Everyone says the same thing about all 4 of these guys, that they're crazy and all. While I agree with some of this, what makes them just pack up and leave one of the best franchises in professional football?

Legend

User Info Menu

Things that make you go, huh?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Also reported this morning, AB deleted the Steelers from his Instagram account. Let's face it, this moron is cutting ties and burning bridges. You could also include a 4th person in the quitting on the Steelers/Tomlin narrative if you remember a certain RB walking off the field in disgust (LeGarrett Blount). Everyone says the same thing about all 4 of these guys, that they're crazy and all. While I agree with some of this, what makes them just pack up and leave one of the best franchises in professional football?
    Because they all believe there own Hype. He has been surrounded by a HOF QB his whole career . Ben Has paved the way for him to have HOF numbers. If he is drafted by the Bills in the 6th round he may not even be in the League right now.I am all for them shipping his arss to San Fran. I cant remember on former WR leaving the steelers and excelling somewhere else. Thigpen, Randel El, Martavis Bryant, Andre Hastings , Wheaton, Holmes, None .I truly would like to see him eat some Humble pie and try his hand somewhere else.

I don't know the answer to this but If we trade him are we on the hook for any of his salary? If we can dump his and Bells $$ we can fix the def in a hurry. I got the feeling Ju Ju and James Washington can get the job done. I like Washington and think there is a lot off upside going forward. He started to get it in the last couple weeks. Plus he is a humble country farm kids that understands hard work and has a good set of values that come along with that. Throw in a healthy Eli Rogers and draft another WR they will be fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    It does make you think that something is going on that we are not privy to.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Washington isn't the answer. I'm sorry but the guy is good at battling for contested balls because he can't separate from anybody. He's a slot receiver at best to me.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    James Washington isn't the answer. I'm sorry but the guy is good at battling for contested balls because he can't separate from anybody. He's a slot receiver at best to me.
    Disagree he got behind the def against Cincy this past week and also did in Denver on the ball he didn't run through. Think he plays faster than his forty time. Again there is in line speed and football speed. Hines wasn't the fastest guy and got it done. Really Ju Ju doest have great speed either . AB forty time if I remember wasn't 4.3

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Disagree he got behind the def against Cincy this past week and also did in Denver on the ball he didn't run through. Think he plays faster than his forty time. Again there is in line speed and football speed. Hines wasn't the fastest guy and got it done. Really Ju Ju doest have great speed either . AB forty time if I remember wasn't 4.3
    I hear what your saying and I"m open to being wrong on this one. Hope I'm wrong but from what I"ve seen, he's slow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I cant remember on former WR leaving the steelers and excelling somewhere else.
    Manny Sanders.
    Plan A: Trade 1.20/3.66/5.141 & 2020 3rd to BUF for 1.9 (ILB Devin White)

Plan B:
    1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa 6-5 251
    2.52 WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa State 6-5 227
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 256
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 5-11 210
    4.122 ILB David Long Jr., West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 CB Isaiah Johnson, Houston 6-2 208
    6.175 ILB Bobby Okereke, Stanford 6-1 239
    6.192 RB Travis Homer, Miami 5-10 201
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas 6-5 306
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

Administrator

User Info Menu

How come the Pats and Eagles didn't have a problem with Blount?

That is the type of stuff that bothers me. Maybe, Tomlin needed to be a bit more hands-on than what he would like to be given some of the "characters" we have/had on this team.

I'm sure Tomlin hates to micro- manage as do I but depending on your team, sometimes it necessary. And that is coming from someone (i.e. me) that despises micro managing.

At one point, we had Bell, Blount, Bryant and Brown. Talk about drama and personalities.....

3 down 1 to go!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelez09, you said it in the opening statement, " Why didn't the Pats have a problem with Blount?" Because they had head coaches with strong wills and leadership.