Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: AB Calls Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay.. so your saying he’s going to surpass rice? Okay.. noted. You’ll see what an inferior qb does to him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Okay.. so your saying he’s going to surpass rice? Okay.. noted. You’ll see what an inferior qb does to him.
    Wow....can we say "strawman". 20 productive seasons is a long time Maniac.
    Go ahead and claim I aid what I never said and peruade yourself you are "right".

Here is my actual take:
    I see him as growing into a potential TO.
    Works hard, got skills, will continue to produce statistically, but without any concept of how a diva attitude can creat havoc on a team.

I also would not be shocked if he does a 180. As much as I hate to see it, if Pete is right, and his cost to the other team is not outrageous (we a paying much of his cost) the value is there......which bodes well for us in getting value for him.

I don't like overpaying for receivers, but he could be the piece that completes the puzzle for a good team for a bargain price.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-13-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not exactly. Never said he "will" surpass Rice.
    More like...…..

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-13-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hahaha.. okay

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Brown has skills that has nothing to do with who is throwing the ball.
    He has lead the league in yards of separation per catch. DESPITE constant double teams.
    At the end of the day, Brown is one of the best to ever play the position. His numbers speak for themselves. Doesn't mean we should keep him. I'm a firm believer that once a coach has lost a locker room, that one of two things needs to happen. Either you need to fire the coach, or you need to clean the locker room. I think we know where the Steelers will go with it.

Legend

User Info Menu

He needs longevity. But, if Brown plays for another 8 years at a strong level he will pass Rice. All of that said, AB is climbing the ranks faster than any WR I can recall. He is rarely injured. He will need a little luck and alot of hard work but it's not out of reach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    At the end of the day, Brown is one of the best to ever play the position. His numbers speak for themselves. Doesn't mean we should keep him. I'm a firm believer that once a coach has lost a locker room, that one of two things needs to happen. Either you need to fire the coach, or you need to clean the locker room. I think we know where the Steelers will go with it.
    exactly... been saying it since week 17

Legend

User Info Menu

He needs longevity. But, if Brown plays for another 8 years at a strong level he will pass Rice. All of that said, AB is climbing the ranks faster than any WR I can recall. He is rarely injured. He will need a little luck and alot of hard work but it's not out of reach.
    hes gonna need alot of luck... and... and a top tier qb who's willing to target him 15 times a game for the next 8 yrs.

Legend

User Info Menu

The next 3 years of AB's career will probably determine if he passes Rice, JR put up about 4700 yards in the 3 year span that AB is entering right now, that's about 1565/year, this was JR's best 3 year stretch. If AB can keep pace or only slightly behind, he'll have a real shot at it, provided he plays enough years. All things being equal, the catch total is well within reach, AB is currently 200 ahead of Rice's pace, which shocked me while I was comparing the stats. I don't think AB will ever catch JR's TD total.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Deandre Baker
    2.52 - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    3.66 - Deebo Samuel, WR, S. Carolina
    4.122 -
    5.141 -
    6.175 -
    6.192 -
    6.207 -
    7.219 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know it's a small sample size, but didn't Brown get most of the targets / receptions / yards when we had guys like Mike Vick throwing the ball. Lesser QBs don't read the D as well and they don't make decisions as quickly. So, I think they're more inclined to throw it to their safety blanket.

Ben does this with Brown sometimes too. He trusts him to be open and forces things sometimes. I think an inferior QB might do that more. Which would be bad for the team, but might be better for Brown.