Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tomlin Presser

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    He wasn't spouting the "knee nonsense" at the conference, he was relaying the events as he understood them, including the things that Brown TOLD Tomlin about his knee on two different days. Do you really believe Tomlin made up the knee story after he benched Brown? Is he that insane, to make up a story that is easily verifiable as to whether it happened or not? To what end? What possible benefit would come of a head coach faking a story about a fake injury? It's absurd.

And no, this is not a defense of Tomlin, it's a defense of facts, common sense and objectivity.
    100% with Moonie. Some people hear different things from the same words......Maybe it's the Yanny/Laurel Phenomenon?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if it was just some minor routine sore knee, why was ABs agent calling the head coach on a Sunday morning?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    if it was just some minor routine sore knee, why was ABs agent calling the head coach on a Sunday morning?
    Because Brown was getting jittery about what he had done, and wanted to see where people's heads were. For whatever reason, maybe because he had been blowing off calls and texts from the organization for two days, he decided it was better to have his agent make the call.

The agent called on Sunday morning. Said Brown was feeling better.

What are you suggesting with your question? The conspiracy theory its seems to be premised on is too nuts for me to wrap my head around.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB was sent for an MRI on Friday, whats Tomlin making up?
    Sundays pregame injury report read knee/non injury
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Because Brown was getting jittery about what he had done, and wanted to see where people's heads were. For whatever reason, maybe because he had been blowing off calls and texts from the organization for two days, he decided it was better to have his agent make the call.

The agent called on Sunday morning. Said Brown was feeling better.

What are you suggesting with your question? The conspiracy theory its seems to be premised on is too nuts for me to wrap my head around.
    This suggests AB wasn't man enough to call Tomlin himself to explain his actions. So he had his agent do it (test the waters, so to speak). I could see this happening.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is funny. Was anybody really tuning in to the press conference for real answers? Did anyone think he was going to come out and say "okay, here's what happened. First Ben said this. Then AB did this..."

All we were ever going to hear is spin and half answers. We should not have expected anything more, nor should there have been more. No team can succeed by giving the press the inside scoop every week. It would be like expecting the GM to enter the draft saying "I hope this guy falls to us at 20. I'd do anything to land that guy".