Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Presser

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he didn't return calls from tomlin and supposedly the owner of the team called him with no response

and tomlin was still spouting this knee nonsense in his post game presser

and now the same people are on here defending tomlin. it really is amazing to see

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and shame on tomlin for showing up late today and then giving the press a measly 30 minutes before he had some neidermeyer in there shouting "3 more questions!!!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    he didn't return calls from tomlin and supposedly the owner of the team called him with no response

and now the same people are on here defending tomlin. it really is amazing to see
    MT still selling the knee story is likely two fold 1. Doesn't make AB look like a total ars in case he remains a Steeler 2. If they foresee a trade to be an out AB's faking a injury could tank his value. I don't like any of this crap one bit but here we are the fans who spend our hard earned $ on this club bleed B & G n this is what we have to deal with.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

maybe he is worried about blowback from the league over lying about an injury? so guess I can see that part of it possibly

just seems obvious tomlin has handled this situation very poorly

Starter

User Info Menu

maybe he is worried about blowback from the league over lying about an injury? so guess I can see that part of it possibly

just seems obvious tomlin has handled this situation very poorly
    If you are referring to the Brown situation of the last week, I think Tomlin handled it well, in the sense that there is not much he could do except exclude Brown from the Bengals game, and then explain it all at today's press conference.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see us being able to trade Brown for anyone with a high base salary.
    Going to have to be for picks.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How the heck does Tomlin not know AB wants a trade when it's all over the internet? Does he live in a bubble?
    Until AB formally requests a trade in writing, why would Tomlin acknowledge media poop? Tomlin is merely stating the truth, that AB has not requested a trade.

Starter

User Info Menu

He wasn't spouting the "knee nonsense" at the conference, he was relaying the events as he understood them, including the things that Brown TOLD Tomlin about his knee on two different days. Do you really believe Tomlin made up the knee story after he benched Brown? Is he that insane, to make up a story that is easily verifiable as to whether it happened or not? To what end? What possible benefit would come of a head coach faking a story about a fake injury? It's absurd.

And no, this is not a defense of Tomlin, it's a defense of facts, common sense and objectivity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no I believe he made up the injury story after brown stormed out of the facility like a baby and then wouldn't answer his calls for 2 days

then had to continue the lie when it became apparent to him that the injury report BS was gonna get some run and force some uncomfortable questions

Starter

User Info Menu

no I believe he made up the injury story after brown stormed out of the facility like a baby and then wouldn't answer his calls for 2 days

then had to continue the lie when it became apparent to him that the injury report BS was gonna get some run and force some uncomfortable questions
    Be one massive lie to make up, easy to get busted doing it (witnesses, documents), and again, to what end? What possible benefit could come from a head coach lying about an injury that never happened?

Did you watch it? I'm no FBI agent, but it didn't look like he was lying when he recounted this story over multiple days. People who are lying stumble through stuff, and deflect.

Was he also lying about the agent calling him on Sunday saying Brown's knee felt better?