Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Presser

Starter

User Info Menu

They're going to have to ride the "injury" horse all the way. Otherwise I'm not syure if there could be ramifications from the NFL (Goon-dell). Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

Brown for Patrick Peterson, anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Somebody got a word of the day calendar for Christmas...
    Yep I had to look that one up

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    They're going to have to ride the "injury" horse all the way. Otherwise I'm not syure if there could be ramifications from the NFL (Goon-dell). Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

There is no competitive advantage to saying a player is injured then holding him out of the game, so I’m not sure the league is going to be to concerned with the whole thing. However had they said he’s injured and then he played then they would have a case. IMO

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Tomlin's explanation was factual to me. Brown was malingering. Tomlin had no choice but to take him at his word, and probably believed he was having a knee issue. They were communicating as late as Friday, and then Brown went radio silent until it was too late to be in the game plan.

I don't see anything wrong here, or that the league will care. The Tomlin-haters jumping up and down over this look impulsive and silly.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would make that trade in a heartbeat...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Tomlin's explanation was factual to me. Brown was malingering. Tomlin had no choice but to take him at his word, and probably believed he was having a knee issue. They were communicating as late as Friday, and then Brown went radio silent until it was too late to be in the game plan.

I don't see anything wrong here, or that the league will care. The Tomlin-haters jumping up and down over this look impulsive and silly.
    There is no way to know but when Tomlin told AB to go get an MRI on that knee; and Brown decided not to, his antennae’s should have been up then.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

anybody that really believes AB had a knee injury must be senile or just an unapologetic homer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Moonie, thank you for posting common sense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We NOW know AB didn’t have a knee injury. The issue is how do you handle the situation when a player initially informs you that he has soreness or pain. Do you laugh and call him a liar or do you take him at face value? Of course, you do the latter. No need to call people senile or homer or any other stupid names.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    We NOW know AB didn’t have a knee injury. The issue is how do you handle the situation when a player initially informs you that he has soreness or pain. Do you laugh and call him a liar or do you take him at face value? Of course, you do the latter. No need to call people senile or homer or any other stupid names.
    Tomlin did the correct thing.