Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AB Problems, Steelers' Underachieving Because of Team Culture

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AB Problems, Steelers' Underachieving Because of Team Culture

Schlereth makes a lot of good points on these videos. Places blame for the culture at Tomlin's feet, because he hasn't held players accountable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

wow, quite the diversified group of people making the same statements..................eh, they all must all be wrong
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........lol, tomlin didnt even wait for the post season this year

Legend

User Info Menu

Schlereth makes some good points. Tomlin has some hard yards to make to win over the control of this team, no doubt.
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    wow, quite the diversified group of people making the same statements..................eh, they all must all be wrong
    Nothing that was said in those two videos is not true and none of the panelists called for firing Mike Tomlin. Schlereth said he's a good coach and bad manager of people but never mentioned firing him other than if he continues to "put up with" Brown until he doesn't need him on the roster that he could be fired before that occurs.

I don't believe anyone on this board will disagree with anything said in those videos, it would be difficult to defend a position other than what was said and that includes not firing a good coach.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-02-2019 at 09:48 AM.

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What they said was on point. But all of it has been going on for years now. The warts are not going to change. So, whatís the next move to stop these issues in their opinion? They didnít offer that. Because itís not ESPNís way for anyone of their host to call for a coach to be fired. So they didnít.

In my opinion, if your not ready to talk about a solution then you havenít completely talked about an issue.

Starter

User Info Menu

We can point to AB and the Steelers but if you really pay attention to the current culture of the entire NFL it is fair to say that Millennials have turned the NFL into a substandard product.

Legend

User Info Menu

Remind me which of these guys is on the team and in the locker room????

Could also point to Damien Woody on Golic and Wingo this morning who was singing the praises of Tomlin for being able to lead through turmoil. But I'm sure you guys just missed that or you would have highlighted that too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    We can point to AB and the Steelers but if you really pay attention to the current culture of the entire NFL it is fair to say that Millennials have turned the NFL into a substandard product.
    That’s a great point; but their are teams with coaches who seem to have a grasp of the situations. We need go no further then the other team in the state of Pensylvania. Their coach seems to have a handle on millennials.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post

Excellent point that I think many of the "my high school glory days" guys fail to grasp when assessing how coaches have to act. I am a manager in a multi-national corporation and I can tell you that for over a year we are constantly getting training and insights on managing millennials. Bottomline is that their value system is completely different and you have to lead them completely differently. My colleagues still in the military deal with the exact same thing.

In your face, slobbering and screaming is totally ineffective with these guys. You have to get "buy in" and they need to understand the "why." It requires a completely different type of leadership that I think is lost to many on this board who have a stereotype of an NFL coach