Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good article about the Steelers, what I've been saying

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Really?

Is there a Code of Conduct where you work? How bout Rules and Expectations? Also, is there a discipline policy in place for violating said policies?

When Tomlin says "The Standard is the Standard"... what exactly does he mean by that? lol
    Sure is a code of conduct policy where I work as I'm sure the Steelers have one, I asked what it means to hold players accountable. Obviously you think Tomlin is not doing it, so you must have some idea in your head about what holding players accountable looks like and I want to know what it is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Sure is a code of conduct policy where I work as I'm sure the Steelers have one, I asked what it means to hold players accountable. Obviously you think Tomlin is not doing it, so you must have some idea in your head about what holding players accountable looks like and I want to know what it is.
    it's quite simple actually. it would look the same as it does in the workplace.
    there's no one person bigger than the organization.. you screw up (break a policy or rule etc) and you are subject to discipline according to the level of infraction. everyones treated the same regardless of stature. in short.. there are consequences for actions; no member of the team is immune from that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    it's quite simple actually. it would look the same as it does in the workplace.
    there's no one person bigger than the organization.. you screw up (break a policy or rule etc) and you are subject to discipline according to the level of infraction. everyones treated the same regardless of stature. in short.. there are consequences for actions; no member of the team is immune from that.
    It's ridiculous to think that Big Ben and Josh Dobbs would be held to the same standard. For example you can bench a Steven Ridley for a fumble but your not going to Bench Juju and that is perfectly reasonable because benching Juju in the name of "accountability" only hurts the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll tell you what it's NOT.

Holding players accountable is NOT covering up for your diva star WR by reporting his absence as being because of a "knee issue".

It's NOT letting that player strut around the team like a pimp before the game, and then leave at halftime.

It's NOT failing to let the rest of the team know what was going on with that diva before the game.

Holding players accountable is NOT allowing players to sleep through meetings, facebook from locker rooms, and talk on their phones at halftime of games.

It's NOT allowing players, whether on social media, in interviews, or even on their own radio shows, to throw coaches and teammates under the bus without any repercussions.

It's NOT giving players the idea that they had a good season, just some breaks didn't go their way or they'd be in the playoffs.

Holding players accountable STARTS with self-accountability on the part of the head coach. When he fails to take responsibility for his own bone-headed decisions, poor challenges, failed time management and bad game planning/in-game adjustments, it undercuts his ability to hold his players responsible for their poor execution and sloppy play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Holding players accountable is NOT covering up for your diva star WR by reporting his absence as being because of a "knee issue".

It's NOT letting that player strut around the team like a pimp before the game, and then leave at halftime.

It's NOT failing to let the rest of the team know what was going on with that diva before the game.

Holding players accountable is NOT allowing players to sleep through meetings, facebook from locker rooms, and talk on their phones at halftime of games.

It's NOT allowing players, whether on social media, in interviews, or even on their own radio shows, to throw coaches and teammates under the bus without any repercussions.

It's NOT giving players the idea that they had a good season, just some breaks didn't go their way or they'd be in the playoffs.

Holding players accountable STARTS with self-accountability on the part of the head coach. When he fails to take responsibility for his own bone-headed decisions, poor challenges, failed time management and bad game planning/in-game adjustments, it undercuts his ability to hold his players responsible for their poor execution and sloppy play.
    Boooooooom.......

Legend

User Info Menu

It's ridiculous to think that Big Ben and Josh Dobbs would be held to the same standard. For example you can bench a Steven Ridley for a fumble but your not going to Bench Juju and that is perfectly reasonable because benching Juju in the name of "accountability" only hurts the team.
    That's a Ridiculous example...

We are talking about "Off the field/Locker room conduct"... not a fumble lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is what I was referring to, in part. Excellent job, sir.

Starter

User Info Menu

100% spot on post!

Starter

User Info Menu

100% spot on post

Banned

User Info Menu

sir, you are ignoring the fact that this team didnt finish below .500