Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AB

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Yeah, trade AB! Get rid of LB (where did that get ya!) Send Ju Ju packing when his contract is up and he wants his market value.. Get rid of everybody, BUT as long as we have Ben where going to the superbowl!! Yeah, how's that been working out for you?? Ben can repeatedly throw players and coaches under the bus. Publically mouth off and embarrassed the team in the media when they draft his perceived replacement (Rudolph) Throw picks in the endzone to lose and important game then turn around and blame everyone but himself. Show his behind every chance he gets (Milledgeville)! And these fools want him to get another extension... Yeah, I'm praying for the Neil O'donnell days again
    So...You're ok with AB did...And has done all season...Probably think Tomlin has done a fine job too!

No correlation between no discipline and playing like ****, and going thru the motions...Ya ok

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

These guys are the anti-70's Steelers. Chuck Noll would've sent AB packin' so quick his head wouldn't have quit spinning for a month. There's no I in team, but there's no AB either. IMHO, this attitude from AB probably cost us a lot over the course of the season, it was painfully obvious that Ben, at times, was forcing the ball to him. Some of those forced throws were to keep the big mouth happy and they resulted in some INT's. This sucks, he's been a great player, but he missed a vital game in which the post-season was on the line, and I'm sorry but that cannot be tolerated.

Ju Ju is the future, he's a team player. Perhaps it's time to move on from AB. The ownership moved on from Santokio, even after that stellar Super Bowl reception, so I wouldn't be surprised if they move on from this cat too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure if anyone else noticed but yesterday before the game the Steelers injury report had Brown as knee/non injury
    I thought that was strange when i saw it.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    So...You're ok with AB did...And has done all season...Probably think Tomlin has done a fine job too!

No correlation between no discipline and playing like ****, and going thru the motions...Ya ok
    You really think AB is the problem with this team coming up short? All he does is go out there and ball every Sunday and saves Ben's ass on most occasions. Make everyone accountable or no one... "Scapegoating" is a helluva drug for some..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As many fake injuries as #7 the drama queen has conveniently faked for his convenience, you gotta admit AB has learned from the BEST!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post

Again with Tomlin can do no right. He did exactly what he should have and benched AB (if all this is even true).
    Should they have cut him and possibly slit their playoff throat?
    Brown's ultimate fate is an organizational one, just as it was with Bell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Again with Tomlin can do no right. He did exactly what he should have and benched AB (if all this is even true).
    Tomlin tried to cover up the real issue with AB by designating his absence from the lineup as being due to his knee: "We want our healthiest players out there."

That wasn't holding AB accountable.

What he should have said was, "AB is being held out of this game for disciplinary reasons, because of conduct detrimental to the team." That doesn't allow AB to save face, but exposes to the public that he screwed up.

Look, it all came out anyway. But now Tomlin is left looking bad in the situation ... and he should be.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet JuJu being voted team Captain by the whole team didnít sit well with AB either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Also, after AB's first missed practice, Tomlin should have communicated to him that if he skipped any more practices, walk-throughs or team meetings because of this dispute, he wouldn't be able to play in the game on Sunday. Obviously, AB didn't get that message because after blowing off practices for the rest of the week, as well as the final walk-through, he showed up at the game expecting to play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I bet JuJu being voted team Captain by the whole team didn’t sit well with AB either.
    One report is that he was ticked off because JuJu had been featured down the stretch vs. New Orleans