Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: AB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports "multiple teammates" did not believe Antonio Brown was hurt in Week 17 and think Brown quit on the team.

Coach Mike Tomlin asked Brown to get an MRI on Friday last week, and the receiver declined and instead opted to just disappear from the team and never say a word to anyone until Sunday. Deemed inactive, Brown reportedly left the stadium at halftime. Kinkhabwala's reading the tea leaves and opines that Brown is "likely gone" via trade this offseason. A big deal has been made of the $21.12 million dead cap hit trading Brown before June 1 would create, but the real money savings is huge for the Steelers. Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the new league year in March. And Tomlin has already admitted there comes a point Brown is more of a problem for the team than he is useful. Brown turns 31 this summer and is signed through 2021.
    Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter
    to me this is now the biggest issue that needs to be resolved if AB is to ever play for the Steelers again...

Legend

User Info Menu

Bottom Line, AB is a POS.
    Go ahead and defend his actions someone...LOL
    https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin...?sf205270702=1

“I woke up Sunday morning and got a phone call from his agent – Drew Rosenhaus – and Drew expressed that (Brown) was feeling better and he would potentially be able to participate. I outlined to Drew that decisions weren’t made like that, but I would be interested in visiting with (Brown) in person at the stadium prior to the game, but playing wasn’t on the menu.

“Drew relayed that to him, and I met with AB prior to the game. He asked what he could do. I said the best thing he could do in terms of helping us win the game would be to be there and support his teammates. He agreed to do that. We had a general conversation about his overall health, and I sent him to the training staff, who were at the stadium readying people for play. And that was the last conversation he and I had. I saw him in the bowl during pregame warmups, but as the game began to unfold I got occupied with the things that are at hand. I heard he left the stadium, but I don’t confirm that because I was centered around the guys who were performing in-stadium.”
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

kinda makes me wish felt and slap were still around, lol

what a clown show this organisation has become. looks like ART3 may take us back to the SOS days

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers have paid AB appropriately. They have largely got a good return on the investment. They have every right to expect him to be committed without these antics for the remaining three years on his deal. So what’s to be done?

when a player outperforms his contract and wants a new deal - they hold out.

In my opinion, the Steelers should lock out AB until he agrees to lesser money.

I think that tactic should work both ways.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!