Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: serious question for the tomlin fans

Legend

User Info Menu

serious question for the tomlin fans

i dont think anyone, or very few, will step up and answer this, but ill ask anyway.

lets say tomlin is fired. what do you really think will happen to this team next year and the coming years (regular season and post season record wise)?
    and if you think it will be much worse, why? what did/does tomlin do that the next guy wont?

what exactly are you afraid of?
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........lol, tomlin didnt even wait for the post season this year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont think anyone, or very few, will step up and answer this, but ill ask anyway.

lets say tomlin is fired. what do you really think will happen to this team next year and the coming years (regular season and post season record wise)?
    and if you think it will be much worse, why? what did/does tomlin do that the next guy wont?

Let's be a bit more fair and also ask, "What do you expect going forward if Tomlin stays?"

Legend

User Info Menu

north coast?
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every post season.........lol, tomlin didnt even wait for the post season this year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know this question isn't addressed at me... but the new feeds are flooded today with insinuations that the team lacks accountability and discipline. I think it will be very interesting to see who goes to bat for MT (or doesn't) in the next few days..

The only thing I've seen so far... is Pouncey being in disbelief at the outcome... due to this being "The most talented team he's ever been apart of"....
    and the only thing I've heard Ben say thus far... is that he will be back next year if Pouncey comes back lol

Starter

User Info Menu

Defining "Tomlin fan" would help.

I've seen people here say he shouldn't be fired (and that poll seems to indicate that most people don't want him fired), but I have never seen any fans like, e.g., JuJu fans (or even the creepy Bell fans).

Coaches don't usually have "fans." They always get blamed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't believe Tomlin was the main issue with this team. He received most the blame when the team loss. Ben threw 4 INT's blame Tomlin. All the losses were not his fault but his responsibility to carry. The GM and ownership of the team understands. We will know when we have a HC issue. I don't believe that time right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

ok, how about this clarification.
    anyone that wants tomlin to remain the coach can answer
    over paid janitor......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe Tomlin was the main issue with this team. He received most the blame when the team loss. Ben threw 4 INT's blame Tomlin. All the losses were not his fault but his responsibility to carry. The GM and ownership of the team understands. We will know when we have a HC issue. I don't believe that time right now.
    Anyone who thinks we have no issues with our HC clearly is caught up in the "Flow of the game"...lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post

Not afraid of anything, don't know what the next guy will do because we dont know who this next guy is. You cant have it both ways you argue that Tomlin has had a huge negative impact on the team but then you make it seem like bringing some mystery guy doesnt matter because he can easily duplicate everything Tomlin does. Does the coach have a big impact or not? Or is it as simple as just plugging another guy in? Also most people leave the firing/hiring decisions to the front office, a lot of us have faith that ownership will know when its time to replace Tomlin, they understand the situation better than you or me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Not afraid of anything, don't know what the next guy will do because we dont know who this next guy is. You cant have it both ways you argue that Tomlin has had a huge negative impact on the team but then you make it seem like bringing some mystery guy doesnt matter because he can easily duplicate everything Tomlin does. Does the coach have a big impact or not? Or is it as simple as just plugging another guy in? Also most people leave the firing/hiring decisions to the front office, a lot of us have faith that ownership will know when its time to replace Tomlin, they understand the situation better than you or me.
    The veteran players seem to have a very good understanding of the situation as well... perhaps even more so than the ownership...
    and reports coming from "The locker room" that Im hearing is that the team lacks accountability and discipline.