Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: serious question for the tomlin fans

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so you are saying tomlin has no control over any of these guys so we should keep him as HC?
    so staying the course will not change the attitude of the team or improve it, so we should keep tomlin?
    i dont remember any of those players saying it was okay to do what they did.
    so tomlin or the OC has no say in what plays get called?
    tomlin cant tell ben that if he doesnt take better care of the ball he will get benched?

AND every potential HC candidate that would come in would have to let the players do whatever they want to, just like tomlin lets them?
    WOW
    No only Ben made these comments! So I'm saying if he's your leader and making comments like this, then it should be ok for any player on the team to make these excuses.
    And you tell me what organization will stand by a coach benching a starter that makes more than anyone on the team? If it come to QB vs Coach, the Qb wins every time. Just ask Mccarthy and Belichick.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

so you are saying tomlin has no control over any of these guys so we should keep him as HC?
    so staying the course will not change the attitude of the team or improve it, so we should keep tomlin?
    i dont remember any of those players saying it was okay to do what they did.
    so tomlin or the OC has no say in what plays get called?
    tomlin cant tell ben that if he doesnt take better care of the ball he will get benched?

AND every potential HC candidate that would come in would have to let the players do whatever they want to, just like tomlin lets them?
    WOW
    Squid, you are talking nonsense. Now you want to bench Roethlisberger and replace him with who? Dobbs? Rudolph? You'd be the first guy on here screaming about Tomlin yanking a HOF QB and putting a backup in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    No only Ben made these comments! So I'm saying if he's your leader and making comments like this, then it should be ok for any player on the team to make these excuses.
    And you tell me what organization will stand by a coach benching a starter that makes more than anyone on the team? If it come to QB vs Coach, the Qb wins every time. Just ask Mccarthy and Belichick.

its only okay if the coach lets them do it.
    so again, if tomlin has no control over anything, why should he be kept?
    why does ben get to draft the players, devise the game plans, make defensive calls, tell the players to do what they want on and off the field.etc etc etc?
    i doubt ben has all the authority that you says he does.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Squid, you are talking nonsense. Now you want to bench Roethlisberger and replace him with who? Dobbs? Rudolph? You'd be the first guy on here screaming about Tomlin yanking a HOF QB and putting a backup in.

lol............give it up man, you lose.
    please tell me where i said i wanted to bench ben and replace him with dobbs or rudolph

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

its only okay if the coach lets them do it.
    so again, if tomlin has no control over anything, why should he be kept?
    why does ben get to draft the players, devise the game plans, make defensive calls, tell the players to do what they want on and off the field.etc etc etc?
    i doubt ben has all the authority that you says he does.
    Ben is going to do it regardless who you bring in, it have nothing to do with Tomlin. Just ask Haley
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

what are you saying here?

Banned

User Info Menu

Wow...

Big divide on who’s responsible for what. In New England , we know where the buck stops; but here, we are all over the place.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Ben is going to do it regardless who you bring in, it have nothing to do with Tomlin. Just ask Haley

please. ben slings it because thats what ben does. thats what the OC and HC let him do and promotes it. ben has won a ton of games with that style. hes done it his whole career. you take the good and the bad with bens style of play.
    quit acting like ben isnt coachable and does whatever he wants to. he took a beating with arians offensive play calling. haley was brought in and told to change the offense so he doesnt take as many hits. guess what, ben did it. bden changed his style because he was told to.

so, back to all the other power that ben has over the rest of the team. how do explain that?

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=NorthCoast;748767]what are you saying here?[/QUOTE

...............well according to you that means i said i want to bench ben for dobbs or rudolph.........lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No need to debate with you, if you think the OC and HC is promoting him being careless with the ball. BTW that same gunslinger lead the league in Picks and TO. Yea more than the 5-6 rookies that started.