Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruthlinsberger .... where you at????

Legend

User Info Menu

strange call out.

the way i read it was ruth thought the browns had a chance to win but and said battimore was better everywhere but QB?

browns had the ball at the end of the game with chance to win if they gained 15 more yards. I'd say he was pretty close with his prediction
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 12-30-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I never heard an explanation as to why the Browns were not allowed to return Lamar's fumble for a TD. That's a game changer. I also thought the Browns play calling was ridiculous at the end of the game.
    officials blew the whistle dead. once they do that you can't advance the ball on a reviewed turnover

and agree with you about the end of the game play calling. even a scramble run would have got a nice chunk of yards

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Credit to the Baltimore D. They went man to man for 4 straight downs and were bringing people. Unlike that soft sh!t Butler would have run out there with huge cushions.

A bit of a better throw on I think second down would have gotten the Browns a 1st. Why did it come to that?
    Oakland Raiders

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    strange call out.

the way i read it was ruth thought the browns had a chance to win but and said battimore was better everywhere but coaching?

browns had the ball at the end of the game with chance to win if they gained 15 more yards. I'd say he was pretty close with his prediction

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand Granades. Lol. I told him as much as we like Mayfield, there is no way a rookie qb is going to win a big game like that against the number one defense in the league.

And what happened? Mayfield throws the pick under extreme pressure. Just like I said.

My prediction was on the money. Not close... but on the money.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Oakland Raiders

Yep... everything goes back to losing to the Raiders.

Starter

User Info Menu

officials blew the whistle dead. once they do that you can't advance the ball on a reviewed turnover

and agree with you about the end of the game play calling. even a scramble run would have got a nice chunk of yards
    They had plenty of time to try to run the ball because they had at least one if not two time outs and a minute and a half. They only needed one more first down to get into FG range. One guy near me in the bar was begging them to throw a screen pass because cuz the Ravens were sending everyone at the qb. Every pass was 10 yds or more. Ugh!,

Starter

User Info Menu

Unfortunately we played like the Browns on too many occasions this seasons

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Close only counts in horse shoes and hand Granades. Lol. I told him as much as we like Mayfield, there is no way a rookie qb is going to win a big game like that against the number one defense in the league.

And what happened? Mayfield throws the pick under extreme pressure. Just like I said.

My prediction was on the money. Not close... but on the money.
    you wrote baltimore had the advantage everywhere but QB. implying zero chance for a win.

did you actually watch the end of the game? baltimore "won" with about 15 yards to spare

PS. that #1 defense gave up 400 yards

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    They had plenty of time to try to run the ball because they had at least one if not two time outs and a minute and a half. They only needed one more first down to get into FG range. One guy near me in the bar was begging them to throw a screen pass because cuz the Ravens were sending everyone at the qb. Every pass was 10 yds or more. Ugh!,

yeah, they turned back into the browns on those last set of downs

Banned

User Info Menu

you wrote baltimore had the advantage everywhere but QB. implying zero chance for a win.

did you actually watch the end of the game? baltimore "won" with about 15 yards to spare

PS. that #1 defense gave up 400 yards
    Of corse I watched the game. That was the only game to watch in my opinion. You keep talking about “ almost” situations when those “ almost” situations didn’t work out the way he said they would. I said they wouldn’t win and they didn’t. Because of the defense and the defense made the guy throw a pick.

If you take solace in “ almost” scenarios then I guess he should feel good.

So the Raiders should take solace in their almost scenario against us with the immaculate reception huh??