Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruthlinsberger .... where you at????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Close only counts in horse shoes and hand Granades. Lol. I told him as much as we like Mayfield, there is no way a rookie qb is going to win a big game like that against the number one defense in the league.

And what happened? Mayfield throws the pick under extreme pressure. Just like I said.

My prediction was on the money. Not close... but on the money.
    What do you mean there is no way? They were right there if Landry catches that out they are in field goal range and if the refs didn't blow inexplicably blow that fumble dead or if they didn't miss the field goal at the end of the half. Your case that "there is no way" the Browns win that game is obviously wrong as they had many opportunity to win that game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I know is... both 4pm games yesterday showed us how the division will likely play out next year... The top 2 teams played in Baltimore... and the bottom 2 played in Pittsburg.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Credit to the Baltimore D. They went man to man for 4 straight downs and were bringing people. Unlike that soft sh!t Butler would have run out there with huge cushions.

A bit of a better throw on I think second down would have gotten the Browns a 1st. Why did it come to that?
    My thought exactly.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Martindale showed the Steelers how to play defense on that last drive. No soft zones on 3rd and long lol

Legend

User Info Menu

What I know; if the Steelers had gone into that game against the Browns with the #1 defense and scraped by with a 2 point win against a rookie QB there would be incessant whining about how the Steelers underachieved.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    What I know; if the Steelers had gone into that game against the Browns with the #1 defense and scraped by with a 2 point win against a rookie QB there would be incessant whining about how the Steelers underachieved.
    In case you haven't noticed... the "Browns" team you are referring to.... no longer exists..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    What do you mean there is no way? They were right there if Landry catches that out they are in field goal range and if the refs didn't blow inexplicably blow that fumble dead or if they didn't miss the field goal at the end of the half. Your case that "there is no way" the Browns win that game is obviously wrong as they had many opportunity to win that game.
    If, if, if, if, if...if my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle. If, if, if.............

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Martindale showed the Steelers how to play defense on that last drive. No soft zones on 3rd and long lol
    I know huh?? He went after Mayfield 3 straight times and broke him down! That's how you treat a rookie QB at home! Get after his @ss.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I know is... both 4pm games yesterday showed us how the division will likely play out next year... The top 2 teams played in Baltimore... and the bottom 2 played in Pittsburg.
    Yeah..kinda looks that way right now. But I'm still not sold on Jackson long term. To me, he still can't read defenses well enough to pass consistently. He's doing what RG3 did his rookie year; cutting off half the field and only having to figure out the other side because he can't read the field in totality. I think because of the run/option that the Ravens are running , plus the defense they possess, they are hard to scheme for in a one week setting. But Jackson's current style of play isn't conducive long term.

Legend

User Info Menu

In case you haven't noticed... the "Browns" team you are referring to.... no longer exists..
    Let me reword it for you:
    If the Steelers had the #1 defense and gone into the game against the Browns with a rookie QB, and scraped by with a 2 pt win, there would be incessant whining about underachieving.
    But BAL did it right by sending the house on every play at the end. I reiterate, they did the same thing last season against CIN, lost, and sat at home. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.