Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This team is a FN mess right now....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So, if Tomlin was fired, Shawn's implying there's not any qualified candidates for HC.

I really believe Tomlin isnt as committed as he once was...There have been way to many mishaps and blown assignments the last few years on Defense. A Bill B team would never look so confused.

Sean Davis is garbage. Coty S is not good enough to be a starter. Mike Hilton has been looking like the guy the Pats cut. Artie is Artie, talented but stupid. Edmunds seems ok.

Imo, Butler should have been fired last year. Porter too. DB coach Bradley didn't help.

I'd start with the defense this year and give Tomlin one more year.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Butler is gone; no need to even mention him anymore. It’s about who goes with him. I’m waiting on the other owners of the Steelers to see what they say after this debacle of a season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt Tomlin gets fired but he should be on notice.
    Some forget that Dan Rooney isnt around any more.
    Question for the loyal Tomlin fans, what has he done so well to not be fired?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    So, if Tomlin was fired, Shawn's implying there's not any qualified candidates for HC.

I really believe Tomlin isnt as committed as he once was...There have been way to many mishaps and blown assignments the last few years on Defense. A Bill B team would never look so confused.

Sean Davis is garbage. Coty S is not good enough to be a starter. Mike Hilton has been looking like the guy the Pats cut. Artie is Artie, talented but stupid. Edmunds seems ok.

Imo, Butler should have been fired last year. Porter too. DB coach Bradley didn't help.

I'd start with the defense this year and give Tomlin one more year.
    There’s always qualified candidates. Us average fans are just not up on who they are. If the average fan doesn’t see a hot retread like Gruden ( for example) , we think there is no one qualified.

Rams found McVey; Bears found Nagy... we will be fine.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 12-30-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Rams found McVey; Bears found Nagy... we will be fine.
    For what it's worth...for every coaching success story you mention, there tends to be twice as many successful NFL coordinators who fall on their face when given a head coaching gig (Steve Wilks, Dirk Koetter, Vance Joseph, Todd Bowles, etc.).

Just because you are an excellent teacher as a hands-on position coach or coordinator, doesn't necessarily mean that you would make the best head coach, whose duties are more in line with a CEO type of role (see Mike Munchak and Dick LeBeau's head coaching tenures as familiar examples).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

True....

But then no one would ever change coaches because of fear of change. You don’t not make a move because of fear of the unknown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rams found McVey by doing their due dillugence...
    Bears found Nagy when they did their proper due diligence...

I have confidence enough in Colbert that if he does his due diligence in a coaching search, he too will get a good coach too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Rams found McVey by doing their due dillugence...
    Bears found Nagy when they did their proper due diligence...

I have confidence enough in Colbert that if he does his due diligence in a coaching search, he too will get a good coach too.
    Colbert doesn't hire or fire the head coach. Rooney does.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert does the due diligence. Gathers the info. Then makes recommendations. That’s how it works.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mr. Rooney senior is no longer here. RIP. I have the utmost confidence that Colbert and JR can and will find a good coach. I don’t operate from fear.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 12-30-2018 at 03:24 PM.