Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Much Talent to Lose?? All on Tomlin??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    On offense, I haven’t seen this much talent on that side of the ball since the Rams and Faulk. We have grossly underachieved. The article is correct about DB talent. But there is no excuse why this offense hasn’t dominated.
    You act like it was a stinking dynasty Shawn.
    The Rams were one weak tackle away from having ZERO rings in a loss to the huge underdog Titans.

What killed the Rams potential dynasty?

Year one of Brady Belichick.
    I submit that the “greatest show on turf” would have zero SB wins if they came together just a year later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Uh , I know some of you may not remember but the Rams were #4 in defense that year. As usual, the offense got all the publicity but the defense and kickoff/ punt return team was awesome.
    Tru dat Maniac. It is like the Packers one SB win over us.
    The difference in THAT team and all those Rogers teams that fell short is that it had the number 2 defense in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tru dat Maniac. It is like the Packers one SB win over us.
    The difference in THAT team and all those Rogers teams that fell short is that it had the number 2 defense in the league.
    Reposting:

In the last 20 years the #1 scoring offense has won the Superbowl exactly 0 times.
    The Steelers need to work on fixing the defense.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You act like it was a stinking dynasty Shawn.
    The Rams were one weak tackle away from having ZERO rings in a loss to the huge underdog Titans.

What killed the Rams potential dynasty?

Year one of Brady Belichick.
    I submit that the “greatest show on turf” would have zero SB wins if they came together just a year later.
    All true, but there's a huge upside to the Rams winning that Super Bowl.

It kept Jeff Fisher from getting a ring.

And that means that there's at least a semblance of karmic balance in the universe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Reposting:
    Boom............

Backup

User Info Menu

All his fault, no. All his responsibility , yes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m watching Alabama dismantle Oklahoma and I’m envious of the way Alabama is so disciplined, with single minded focus; and so stable. A reflection of their coach.

How much a year , do you think it would take to lure Saban away from Alabama?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Saban has already failed in the NFL why would we want him? Saban works at Alabama because he has the most talented players in the country, not because he is some mastermind.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Saban works at Alabama because he has the most talented players in the country, not because he is some mastermind.
    Somebody ought to clue Alabama in to that; they could hire a no-name coach and do just as well since it's all about the talent, not the coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard
    Saban has already failed in the NFL why would we want him?
    This is a good point. While you might appreciate Saban's coaching skill and team discipline, his style (throwing tantrums, going beserk on and berating players) didn't translate well to the pros. He's better off coaching in college and the Steelers are better off looking elsewhere.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn’t Billicheck first fail at Cleveland too?