Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gregg Williams: Browns will treat Week 17 like our playoff game

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m not getting into Ben argument here but I firmly believe they’re a 6-10 team without him.

The rest on your list should have walked home from NO.
    SteelBucks,

I think it's safe to assume without him, they are at best a 6 win team . Imagine Landry Jones this season (if Ben would've hung it up). He can't even get a backup gig anywhere else in the league.

Blame Ben, Blame Tomlin, Blame Colbert, blame the front office...I think they all play a part. Ben likely lost us a game or two this year with his turnovers, but he also likely won or will win 4. The fact is some of the losses wouldn't have even been competitive without him.

Interesting take from Colin Cowherd today... (paraphrasing)

Steelers are like that guy you know that just does enough...interesting stat, not a stats guy but this one bears mentioning...over the last 10 years when the Steelers are a 9.5 point favorite they are 6-5. Over that same 10 years the rest of the league...52-10

Yeah of the 15 losses as a 9.5 point favorite one team has 33% of those losses.

One other thing he mentioned but said he has no corroboration on this but did say the source who told him pretty reliable. Halftime against Pats...about a dozen Steelers in locker room where on their cell phones. I don't know if it's a generational thing, but I tend to think Bill Bellichik would not go for that. Yes they one...but it is an indication that perhaps the current coach is a bit too lax

One last thing to connect to the cell phone anecdote...Ray Fittapaldo's on PG was pretty interesting. The general theme was the Steelers not "being on their details enough." I would suggest reading the comments to get the feel for it.

I think the general consensus is that if the Steelers do not make the playoffs the front office will request changes from Coach Tomlin. Those who are wishing him gone...I think you only hope is if he draws a line in the sand and says "Absolutely Not!" But even Fittapaldo says that is unlikely.

brothervad
    Last edited by brothervad; 12-24-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Blaming Ben is like blaming the fork and spoon for being obese, 6 wins would be a spectacular season without him, I'm not sure what anyone believes is going to happen once Ben hangs them up, but unless Rudolph pans out, it's going to be the 80s and 90s all over again.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Blaming Ben is like blaming the fork and spoon for being obese, 6 wins would be a spectacular season without him, I'm not sure what anyone believes is going to happen once Ben hangs them up, but unless Rudolph pans out, it's going to be the 80s and 90s all over again.

Pappy
    Yeah 6 wins may have been a bit generous.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Browns are going to put it on the Ravens!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Please stop; we’ve been reduced to posting stories that have us begging for help?? Sounds pathetic. We screwed ourselves by losing to the lowly raiders. Whatever happens , happens but let’s not beg the Browns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Browns are going to put it on the Ravens!!!
    No there not.

Starter

User Info Menu

by the numbers it don't look good. Just averaging it out on the basic numbers (not looking at home vs road as well as Flacco vs Jackson)

Baltimore wins 24-20

Defense
    RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
    1 Baltimore 4261 284.1 2984 198.9 1277 85.1 263 17.5
    29 Cleveland 5825 388.3 3958 263.9 1867 124.5 366 24.4
    Offense
    RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
    12 Baltimore 5536 369.1 3391 226.1 2145 143 363 24.2
    14 Cleveland 5474 364.9 3631 242.1 1843 122.9 335 22.3
    Last edited by brothervad; 12-24-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Please stop; we’ve been reduced to posting stories that have us begging for help?? Sounds pathetic. We screwed ourselves by losing to the lowly raiders. Whatever happens , happens but let’s not beg the Browns.
    Who is begging, we need them to go get a win something they are trying to do anyway.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as the browns want to beat the rats - the bungles want to beat the Steelers. How anyone can think with this record and some horrible losses that a steeler victory is a done deal is absurd.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Your list with Ben on it does not even deserve a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Steelers have no one to blame but themselves.
    Tomlin
    Ben
    Butler

Danny Smith