Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Tuitt Tipped the Pass on the Haden PI Call

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Tuitt Tipped the Pass on the Haden PI Call

    Watch the slow mo, and ball wobble as it passes Tuitt's hand:

    https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/to...-on-4th-and-2/

    and one Tomlin probably should have challenged.

    Edit: Tomlin could not challenge, as it was inside of 2 mins.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Sadly the game was decided before kickoff. I hate blaming officiating but damn the Steelers were playing against a stacked deck.

  3. #3
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Watch the slow mo, and ball wobble as it passes Tuitt's hand:

    https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/to...-on-4th-and-2/

    and one Tomlin probably should have challenged.

    Edit: Tomlin could not challenge, as it was inside of 2 mins.
    I thought it was tipped as well.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    if they thought the ball was tipped and being it would have been a game deciding play.

    WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE CALLING A TIMEOUT THEN?

    good lord, it gives the officials time to review it.

    Head Coach Mike Tomlin was asked about that after the game. “I thought it was tipped, but I didn’t have the courtesy of a replay (https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1077006067991830530)”, he said. “We were asking for clarity on it, but you know, things start moving fast in those moments”.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Said it was tipped when I saw the first replay.

  6. #6
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    if they thought the ball was tipped and being it would have been a game deciding play.

    WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE CALLING A TIMEOUT THEN?

    good lord, it gives the officials time to review it.

    Head Coach Mike Tomlin was asked about that after the game. “I thought it was tipped, but I didn’t have the courtesy of a replay (https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1077006067991830530)”, he said. “We were asking for clarity on it, but you know, things start moving fast in those moments”.
    LOL! Somehow the Rooney's find that excuse acceptable?!??

    Why the hell doesn't he have someone upstairs that can relay the info down to him? That is what every other team does. Is he that stupid or just that arrogant?

    How is that acceptable? That is something he could fix in a matter of seconds. He should be fired alone just for that.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    LOL! Somehow the Rooney's find that excuse acceptable?!??

    Why the hell doesn't he have someone upstairs that can relay the info down to him? That is what every other team does. Is he that stupid or just that arrogant?

    How is that acceptable? That is something he could fix in a matter of seconds. He should be fired alone just for that.
    Its about as acceptable as not putting Ben in before the last drive of the game against Oakland... siting "We were in the flow of the game" as the reason.
    Im inclined to believe that this dude is turning into an idiot.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    That play wasn't being overturned on replay, there was no definitive evidence that Tuitt tipped the ball, the call would have stood as called on the field.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I wonder if Tuitt should not have walked over to the official and said that he tipped it and they should review it. At a time like that he might have gotten them to look.

    That being said, this was nowhere near as blatant as the first half PI even though just as big. I would call it a missed call, but not a call where officials' incompetence screwed the team.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I believe the call on the field was holding not PI. Tipped wouldn't have mattered.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •