Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: This one is on Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Officiating was awful. No doubt about it. But we were winning regardless 28-24.

We were wining the Raiders game too.
    We choked away more games in December than any other team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    NFL media demands answers for officiating in Steelers loss>> https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh.../#126812834_15
    They will never make PI a reviewable offense. Can you imagine the turmoil of an overturned call in a tight game? The controversies would only increase because it's such a judgment call.

Backup

User Info Menu

Rooney rule. That's all that matters. We have moral authority. Yaaayyyy

Starter

User Info Menu

This thread could be recycled every week.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    The whole year is on Tomlin and it should be..
    He's the HC and its his responsibility each year..
    If Butler is not canned after the season i might cry.....
    I'll give Mike another year.
    He should have reminded players that
    1) FG kicks are supposed to go through the uprights
    2) the D is supposed to turn the ball over and
    3) the O is supposed to not turn the ball over

Coaching could have been better than it was, but I think execution in those three areas was more impactful than coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Northern....
    We rolled into the number 1 team in the NFL's house last evening... in a hostile environment... and darned near won the game.
    It speaks volumes (given the talent on this team) that we likely will be missing the playoffs. Yes, some of our problems have been related to "Execution". We can't minimize the impact of coaching at critical points though (time management, play calling). And there's something to be said about the number of penalties (due to an obvious lack of discipline... having to do with coaching). When it comes to playing top level competition... I believe Tomlin and his staff put us at a disadvantage more times than not. Last night was one of those games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont mind the fake punt call, because the Saints needed a TD. The refs were awful those PI penalties changed the game, almost all of there points came off of a drive that was continued by PI. Then throw in the 2 fumbles it was tough to overcome, blaming the loss on Tomlin is ridiculous, the ball just hasnt bounced well for us this year, such is life in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Rooney rule. That's all that matters. We have moral authority. Yaaayyyy
    You're an ignorant douchebag.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    They put themselves in this position by losing to the worse team in football, the Raiders.
    Exactly. This would be a non issue if the team didn't blow it against the Raiders, the worst team in football! Or the Broncos or choke against the Chargers.

Time to move on from the janitor.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

BTW... Tomlin should have thrown his challenge flag to get the refs attention on that tipped pass. It was under 2 minutes so he should have done everything possible to get the refs attention to review that play. Instead, they didn't review it and it was a PI call on Haden. If I recall, this was on the last drive and possibly even 4th down.

Instead, Tomlin stood there like a deer in headlights again. Oh, that's right, he doesn't have a staffer upstairs reviewing plays that can relay info down to him. That would have been helpful at an opposing stadium where they certainly wouldn't replay that on the jumbo Tron.

How dumb and/or arrogant is he?
    Last edited by steelz09; 12-24-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.