Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 133

Thread: Tomlin Has To Be Fired.

  1. #111
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Lets be honest... how many of you feel like Tomlin and co are going to outcoach teams in the playoffs? Getting there is one thing...

    do we currently have the coaching talent (other than Munchak) to win a SB?

  2. #112
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Lets be honest... how many of you feel like Tomlin and co are going to outcoach teams in the playoffs? Getting there is one thing...

    do we currently have the coaching talent (other than Munchak) to win a SB?
    And thatís it in a nutshell. Tomlin has done fine in the regular season; but heís been bad in the playoffs. And to constantly point to what heís done in the regular season to justify keeping him isnít good enough anymore.

    Itís been 10 years since weíve won a super bowl.

  3. #113
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    My point is, a Super Bowl win is worth more than a bunch of non-losing seasons. The ultimate prize in the NFL is the Lombardi trophy, not the Andy Reid award.
    Is rather win a SB too.

    But it's nice not to write off seasons early in the year. I'm also a Leafs fan and it really sucks to have multiple decades of futity (for every team in the city) .

    I wonder if fans in Pittsburgh really appreciate that.

    Edited to add: we've had a decade with 1 SB win 1 SB loss and been consistently competitive and people aren't satisfied. So I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be happy in your case either.

    Rereading your post, you said "a superbowl or two". So that pretty much exactly what we have had... Except it's been almost 11 years instead of a literal decade.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 12-25-2018 at 08:00 PM.

  4. #114
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Is rather win a SB too.

    But it's nice not to write off seasons early in the year. I'm also a Leafs fan and it really sucks to have multiple decades of futity (for every team in the city) .

    I wonder if fans in Pittsburgh really appreciate that.

    Edited to add: we've had a decade with 1 SB win 1 SB loss and been consistently competitive and people aren't satisfied. So I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be happy in your case either
    You're trying to convince the instant gratification crowd.

  5. #115
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Over a ten year span, which would you rather have for the Steelers:

    1) they never have a sub-.500 season, but they never get to the Super Bowl

    or

    2) they are sub-.500 in up to 5 of those years, but they win a Super Bowl or two during that decade


    I'd go with #2.
    You're lucky. The Steelers have done both. Won a SB in 2008 and haven't gone sub .500.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 12-25-2018 at 08:15 PM.

  6. #116
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The fact is this: The Steelers have way too much talent to be 8-6-1!

    Who's to blame for having the talent to win, but can't?

    Being reported 10 players were on their cell phones at halftime vs Patriots.

    Who's to blame for allowing nonsense in the locker room at halftime in a must win game?

    Tomlin does just enough because he can coast with this talented team.

    Who's to blame?
    2019 Mock

    1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

  7. #117
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The fact is this: The Steelers have way too much talent to be 8-6-1!

    Who's to blame for having the talent to win, but can't?

    Being reported 10 players were on their cell phones at halftime vs Patriots.

    Who's to blame for allowing nonsense in the locker room at halftime in a must win game?

    Tomlin does just enough because he can coast with this talented team.

    Who's to blame?
    They won the game against NE. Maybe they should be on their phones at every halftime?

  8. #118
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The fact is this: The Steelers have way too much talent to be 8-6-1!

    Who's to blame for having the talent to win, but can't?

    Being reported 10 players were on their cell phones at halftime vs Patriots.

    Who's to blame for allowing nonsense in the locker room at halftime in a must win game?

    Tomlin does just enough because he can coast with this talented team.

    Who's to blame?
    Honestly, sometimes you flip tails a bunch of times in a row.

    We're too talented to have so many turnovers and our kicker is too talented to miss so many kicks.

    That, plus a few terrible calls, easily cost us three to four wins this year.

    I agree that it sucks, but I don't think we want to make a ton of huge changes immediately. It's like the economic fable about the fool in the shower.

  9. #119
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    They won the game against NE. Maybe they should be on their phones at every halftime?
    They'll have the entire playoffs to be on their phones....more Twitter gold
    2019 Mock

    1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

  10. #120
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The fact is this: The Steelers have way too much talent to be 8-6-1!

    Who's to blame for having the talent to win, but can't?

    Being reported 10 players were on their cell phones at halftime vs Patriots.

    Who's to blame for allowing nonsense in the locker room at halftime in a must win game?

    Tomlin does just enough because he can coast with this talented team.
    I had a teacher when I was in elementary school who would just sit on her a$$$, lazy as could be, and never teach us anything ... unless a parent or administrator came around to check on her. Then she turned on her charm, unloaded her intellectual talk, had all the answers, and put on a jolly good show. Once the grownup was out of the picture, she'd put her feet up and go back to her romance novel. We loved it -- had a free-for-all most of the time. But we never learned a thing in that classroom, unless it was a day when an adult showed up.
    Bit us hard the next year when we had to learn everything we should have learned in that grade.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-25-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •