Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Has To Be Fired.

Starter

User Info Menu

Tomlin doesn't get fired for almost beating the best team in football in their dome. We left it all on the field (except the weird Ridley run).

That demented PI call in the first quarter should get that idiot official fired!

Tomlin's low moments were that Raiders loss.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are in this position because we lost to the worse team in football in the Raiders.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pap/Pete,

We will just have to disagree here.

You will never convince me that a 4th and 5 at the hands of a FB and ST vs a QB with 380 yards and WR with 185 yds (both by end of game) that had been almost perfect up to that point was not the better play call than a cutesy Fake Punt by a S.T. coach that has been mainly maligned this year.

brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Tomlin doesn't get fired for almost beating the best team in football in their dome. We left it all on the field (except the weird Ridley run).

That demented PI call in the first quarter should get that idiot official fired!

Tomlin's low moments were that Raiders loss.
    This is a reasonable post at a time when it's ease (and understandable) to be unreasonable.

This season has been very dissapointing. Seems like we've just been on the wrong side of the bounces from fumbling of our the end zone to the missed false start to horrendous FG kicking from a guy that was clutch last year to the terrible PI in the end zone today.

Seems like everything that could go wrong did this year. Sucks because you never know how many Ben had left.

But maybe we'll be able to pick up an impact defender with an earlier pick than usual

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin will never get fired. I hate his coaching and his big rotten gut, but it'll never happen.

TJ Watt is an animal!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I hear ya brother but did you really think our defense would stop them?
    I didnt hate the call because he took a shot for the win.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    The dumb call was Ridley run.

Fake punt was fine.
    Ridley play was a head scratcher but it's one of about 75 plays. Fake punt I can live with. Thought we used our TO's well n we had a shot to tie it or win it on that last drive. Saints are as tough as it gets in their place. If we don't get to the post season it was more about blowing lead in Cleveland , losing to Raiders n tanking 2nd half against SD rather then today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Pap/Pete,

We will just have to disagree here.

You will never convince me that a 4th and 5 at the hands of a FB and ST vs a QB with 380 yards and WR with 185 yds (both by end of game) that had been almost perfect up to that point was not the better play call than a cutesy Fake Punt by a S.T. coach that has been mainly maligned this year.

brothervad
    I'm not saying there weren't better options, I'm saying that I don't have a problem with the call. I think the offense can put it away if they make the 1st down. Maybe, a better option would have been to keep the offense on the field and see if you can get them to jump or get up to the line and snap it on 1st sound while the defense is settling in, but I don't have a problem with trying to win the game with the fake either.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Starter

User Info Menu

I have not been calling for Tomlin to be fired but I am calling for changes. Not only his assistants, but also on how he manages/goes by gut and his challenges.

I want everyone to take a moment and think about what you saw today. There is a chance Big Ben will never be in another super bowl.

It's one of the hardest things to do when you are healthy. Pittsburgh has been relatively healthy last 2 years.
    Ben has been very healthy last 2 seasons
    The Oline has been relatively healthy last 2 seasons.

That is unlikely to last.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't been back since he beat the Steelers
    Ben is on the south side of his career. I am not saying he will hit the wall next year but it is going to happen eventually. He will get hurt again or his weapons around him.

That is why some of us on the anti-Tomlin side are so angry.

There isn't a lot of time left and seeing all of this talent going to waste is infuriating to say the least.

So I am suggesting before you get mad at the Anti-Tomlin camp understand where we are coming from right now

Well at least from my standpoint.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I hear ya brother but did you really think our defense would stop them?
    I didnt hate the call because he took a shot for the win.
    Wait....you and I are on the wrong sides on this thing.