Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: The Fix Is In

  1. #41
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    and that's a nice theory on Ben with the audible. Id imagine he didn't have many options though... with the formation we were lined up in.

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    except for the fact that it wasn't 3rd and 1. It was 3rd and almost 3.
    I just re-watched it, it was 3rd and 2 but still a situation where running it is a viable option especially if you're planning on going for it on 4th down. Ridley still needs to hold on to the ball it doesnt matter if its 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 30.

  3. #43
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I just re-watched it, it was 3rd and 2 but still a situation where running it is a viable option especially if you're planning on going for it on 4th down. Ridley still needs to hold on to the ball it doesnt matter if its 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 30.
    It was a poor play call. Lining up in a "Heavy" formation on a 3rd and 2+ yards against the #1 rush defense in the league... when the crowd is going nuts. Im sorry but you don't put the game in Ridley's hands... whether its 4 down territory or not. Piss poor play call.

  4. #44
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    It was a poor play call. Lining up in a "Heavy" formation on a 3rd and 2+ yards against the #1 rush defense in the league... when the crowd is going nuts. Im sorry but you don't put the game in Ridley's hands... whether its 4 down territory or not. Piss poor play call.
    Agreed. The fumble is on Ridley. But the play call in that situation, with a cold RB, sucked.

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree but only saw the replay once. Not sure that's even reviewable.
    the sunday night game had a review on a tipped pass/penalty

  6. #46
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Was the fix in when we kept Ben out of the raider game until the end? Hmmm.

  7. #47
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    It was a poor play call. Lining up in a "Heavy" formation on a 3rd and 2+ yards against the #1 rush defense in the league... when the crowd is going nuts. Im sorry but you don't put the game in Ridley's hands... whether its 4 down territory or not. Piss poor play call.
    Aren't we supposed to have one of the best lines in the NFL and a probowl FB?

    if so, why is it unreasonable to ask that we can get 2.5 yards in 2 downs.

    All we have to do is not fumble. But we suck at not fumbling this year.

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Was the fix in when we kept Ben out of the raider game until the end? Hmmm.
    Tomlin does have a personal fondness for losing to the NFL’s scrub teams every season so he “obviously” threw that game for his own peace of mind.

  9. #49
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    NFL admits a bad pass interference call but ignores Steelers-Saints
    By Michael David Smith | Dec 28, 2018, 6:15 PM EST

    The NFL has publicly admitted that an official made a bad pass interference call on Sunday. But not the ones everyone was talking about.

    NFL V.P. of Officiating Al Riveron addressed pass interference in his weekly officiating video, but he had nothing to say about the pass interference call against Steelers cornerback Joe Haden that didn’t appear to have any significant contact at all. Or about the other pass interference call against Haden on a pass that appeared to have been tipped at the line of scrimmage, which would have negated any interference penalty. Or about the Saints’ game-winning touchdown, on which they appeared to commit offensive pass interference.

    Instead, Riveron mentioned a call in the Packers-Jets game when Jets safety Jamal Adams was flagged for interference on Packers tight end Jimmy Graham.

    “We want to talk about defensive pass interference,” he said. “This was called, unfortunately. This is not a foul for defensive pass interference. We see both players making contact with each other. There is no restriction on either side. The defender comes over the top, but, again, does not materially affect the receiver going up for the ball. This is not a foul for defensive pass interference.”

    So Riveron is willing to admit his officials got a pass interference call wrong. But if Steelers fans were hoping to hear him admit a mistake from their game on Sunday, they’ll be left disappointed.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  10. #50
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Aren't we supposed to have one of the best lines in the NFL and a probowl FB?

    if so, why is it unreasonable to ask that we can get 2.5 yards in 2 downs.

    All we have to do is not fumble. But we suck at not fumbling this year.
    Because we are in a hostile environment against the #1 run defense in the league... lined up in a very predictable run formation... No doubt in my mind that we could get 2.5 yards in 2 plays.... that particular formation/play call was not the best way to go about it though... and I think it proved out that way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •