Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fix Is In

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Not really blaming Ben Pap...

Just the lack of execution...that was bad. It's more that the Steelers seem to find ways to not execute when it matters most.

That is what I mean by bad.

Samuels misses the block...lots of irony here this season

brothervad
    I'll give you lack of execution for sure, however, for rookie he's been good in blitz pickup, he simply made a mistake at the worst possible time.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Deandre Baker
    2.52 - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    3.66 - Deebo Samuel, WR, S. Carolina
    4.122 -
    5.141 -
    6.175 -
    6.192 -
    6.207 -
    7.219 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Heyeard tipped that ball on the 4th down PI.
    I agree but only saw the replay once. Not sure that's even reviewable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Samuels blitz pickup was disgusting.
    Sean Davis is disgusting.
    Butlers defensive scheme is disgusting.
    The 3rd and power I was disgusting.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Never saw such a lame PI penalty in my life. it wasn’t close to a penalty.

The fix is in for sure.

There must be a lot of money on the Saints and they need to cover.
    Just watched the game, on the first P.I. (on 4th down no less), does anyone think that ball was catch-able? Also, no disrespect to Haden, but you have to no it's 4th down and when you see the ball is 12 feet in the air don't jostle the WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Samuels blitz pickup was disgusting.
    Sean Davis is disgusting.
    Butlers defensive scheme is disgusting.
    The 3rd and power I was disgusting.
    The 3rd and "Schmedium" was one of the worst play calls I've seen all year. That's 100% on coaching. You put your 4th string RB out there (cold) versus the #1 run defense in the league... in a hostile environment when the crowd is rocking the stadium at a critical point in the game. Although its only 1 play so to speak... its the kind of play that swings the game one way or the other. Absolute terrible call... and that's on the coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The 3rd and "Schmedium" was one of the worst play calls I've seen all year. That's 100% on coaching. You put your 4th string RB out there (cold) versus the #1 run defense in the league... in a hostile environment when the crowd is rocking the stadium at a critical point in the game. Although its only 1 play so to speak... its the kind of play that swings the game one way or the other. Absolute terrible call... and that's on the coach.
    I'm not against the play call, I am against the personnel used to run the play, Samuels should have been in the game. As a matter of fact, I wish the Steelers would run the ball downhill more often with a fullback lead, Nix is like having another lineman in the game but he gets a head start before he hits someone.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy/Deandre Baker
    2.52 - Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    3.66 - Deebo Samuel, WR, S. Carolina
    4.122 -
    5.141 -
    6.175 -
    6.192 -
    6.207 -
    7.219 -

Legend

User Info Menu

I was against all aspects of the call. With 4 minutes left, and 3 timeouts, a first down on that play was certainly not an "Ice the game" type of deal. Our defense had held them to 24 up to that point, and had made several key stops. Punt the ball away and make them drive the length of the field.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I just watched the replay of all the bad calls ... although the Steelers could/should have overcome them by eliminating turnovers, it sure looks as though the refs were trying to assist the Saints in this game. HFA is a huge advantage for NO; the league wants Brees to be in another Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ridley is the short yardage back and probably has been the one practicing with that personnel package. In my opinion Ben has to make a check at the line when he sees the box stacked up like that. Ben not calling an audible tells me that they were planning on going for it on 4th. Also lets be real here it's a power run on 3rd and 1, people are acting like he called a double reverse. I don't blame Tomlin for Ridley fumbling, Ridley is an NFL running back his job is to hold on to the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

except for the fact that it wasn't 3rd and 1. It was 3rd and almost 3.