Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Steelers beat the Saints?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Can the Steelers beat the Saints?

Yes, earlier in the year the Saints looked like world beaters but recently they have down to earth. I don't usually watch MNF but I was on the road and flipped in on in my hotel room, they were playing the Panthers.

My thoughts:

1.) The Panthers have a physical defense and did everything possible to keep them in the game.
    2.) Cam Newton is a quitter and is either hurt or he sucks (maybe both).
    3.) The Saints were in a physical game, have a short week to practice (and were on the east coast).
    4.) The Saints were down to 5 offensive lineman and are looking at the waiver wire to add at least (2) more.
    5.) The Saints have all but locked up the #1 seed and finish the year against the Panthers (at home).
    6.) Cam Newton is a quitter and is either hurt or he sucks (maybe both).
    7.) The Saints have a monster back-up QB (#7) and we'll need to keep an eye on him when he's in the game.

Maybe we have a chance?????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Yes, earlier in the year the Saints looked like world beaters but recently they have down to earth. I don't usually watch MNF but I was on the road and flipped in on in my hotel room, they were playing the Panthers.

My thoughts:

1.) The Panthers have a physical defense and did everything possible to keep them in the game.
    2.) Cam Newton is a quitter and is either hurt or he sucks (maybe both).
    3.) The Saints were in a physical game, have a short week to practice (and were on the east coast).
    4.) The Saints were down to 5 offensive lineman and are looking at the waiver wire to add at least (2) more.
    5.) The Saints have all but locked up the #1 seed and finish the year against the Panthers (at home).
    6.) Cam Newton is a quitter and is either hurt or he sucks (maybe both).
    7.) The Saints have a monster back-up QB (#7) and we'll need to keep an eye on him when he's in the game.

Maybe we have a chance?????
    Hell ya we have a chance...A good one!

Legend

User Info Menu

Can this team win? That's an easy one...yes. The Steelers have been in every game they've played this year. The worst games were against KC (down 14 after KC TD with 13:00 to go, lost by 5) and Baltimore (fell behind 14, tied up at the half, outscored 12-0 in second half on 4 FGs).

This team can compete with any team in the league. The big question is whether or not they can play well and then close the deal. Last year the challenge was falling behind early and then hoping that the furious comeback would result in victory. This year they go toe-to-toe for three quarters and then hope to hang on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Again, this Steeler team is capable of beating any team in the league if we play our game in an efficient manner where every man is just focusing on doing their own job and beating the man in front of him.

Also, this Steeler team is capable of losing to any team in the league if we hemorrhage turnovers, let the opposing offense march up and down the field at will, or miss multiple FG attempts wide right.

It almost doesn't matter what team shows up on the opposing sideline to play against us. The games tend to be decided on the basis of which Steeler team decides to show up on the other sideline.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Again, this Steeler team is capable of beating any team in the league if we play our game in an efficient manner where every man is just focusing on doing their own job and beating the man in front of him.

Also, this Steeler team is capable of losing to any team in the league if we hemorrhage turnovers, let the opposing offense march up and down the field at will, or miss multiple FG attempts wide right.

It almost doesn't matter what team shows up on the opposing sideline to play against us. The games tend to be decided on the basis of which Steeler team decides to show up on the other sideline.
    Spot on post Ruthless

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

This!! Like I said in another post, we'll blow out the Saints and struggle against the Bengals. Mark it down!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    This!! Like I said in another post, we'll blow out the Saints and struggle against the Bengals. Mark it down!
    It would make sense that we would be winless against the AFCW, unbeaten in the NFCS and split the AFCN.

Banned

User Info Menu

"Can the Steelers beat the Saints?" Oh yeah..anything is possible.

But there is a difference of , " Can the Steelers beat the Saints" from " Will the Steelers beat the Saints."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    "Can the Steelers beat the Saints?" Oh yeah..anything is possible.

But there is a difference of , " Can the Steelers beat the Saints" from " Will the Steelers beat the Saints."
    Where is that guy who guaranteed a victory over the Patriots? I have faith in him if he says that the Steelers will beat the Saints.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Where is that guy who guaranteed a victory over the Patriots? I have faith in him if he says that the Steelers will beat the Saints.
    so far he's silent on the Saints game