Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Steelers beat the Saints?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Agreed! There are no sure-fire teams! Nobody that I am afraid of. If the "good" Steelers show up and Ben takes care of the football, we should have a chance.
    When Ben takes care of the football the good Steelers almost always show up, I wish Ben would realize this fact for the rest of his career. The Steelers are only as good as Ben plays, they may win a game where he turns it over multiple times (New England) but by and large that is not the case. Ball security should be placed above all else with this team, while the defense has shown signs throughout the year of being capable, they have also shown signs of being a sieve, a punt should be looked upon as a positive play. I'd rather punt it, than Ben throw an INT at mid-field or worse.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    When Ben takes care of the football the good Steelers almost always show up, I wish Ben would realize this fact for the rest of his career. The Steelers are only as good as Ben plays, they may win a game where he turns it over multiple times (New England) but by and large that is not the case. Ball security should be placed above all else with this team, while the defense has shown signs throughout the year of being capable, they have also shown signs of being a sieve, a punt should be looked upon as a positive play. I'd rather punt it, than Ben throw an INT at mid-field or worse.

Pappy
    Good Ben showed up against the Chiefs this year. How'd that turn out? This team will go as the defense goes. By and large, Ben has played fine this year. He's had a couple of bad games but so has just about every QB.

We go as the defense goes; period. Finding any other reason to blame our losses on stuff is reaching.

Drew Brees threw two interceptions on Monday nite; One interception was returned for 2 points. But did they win? Yeah. Cause the defense played. No QB is perfect all 16 games. Especially with the amount of passes he's throwing this year. We do need to do better in our run/pass ratio.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 12-20-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have faith that we will win!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

For me, the Steelers need to have the same game playn they had against Ravens 2, but get in the zone more. They controlled the ball, and that let the defense get after it for the downs they were in. If the Steeler offense can control the ball, take the crowd out of it , then they should win this game. Like many have said its which Steeler team wants to show up, the Good, the Bad or the Ugly team.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    For me, the Steelers need to have the same game playn they had against Ravens 2, but get in the zone more. They controlled the ball, and that let the defense get after it for the downs they were in. If the Steeler offense can control the ball, take the crowd out of it , then they should win this game. Like many have said its which Steeler team wants to show up, the Good, the Bad or the Ugly team.
    I don't really think that's going to matter in this particular game. The Saints are just a better team then us in all phases. This is the time of year when all that "any team on any Sunday " stuff goes out the window. Better teams with the better QB's win more times then not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like the Panthers are shutting Cam Newton down for the season, shoulder issues. Who knows what his future holds. I know he did look terrible on Monday night.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Looks like the Panthers are shutting Cam Newton down for the season, shoulder issues. Who knows what his future holds. I know he did look terrible on Monday night.
    Newton is a very good QB! He carried that team and they were looking like front runners for a while until they ran up on the Steelers. For real - Newton has taken a lot of hits, it's no wonder something came unhinged! Sometimes these guys just need to heal-up properly. It looks like it worked for Andrew Luck.

Legend

User Info Menu

Funny thing, statistically he was having one of his best seasons. I could tell something was wrong Monday night, he couldn't throw the ball very well at all.

It was a shame the Panther's defense played stellar. Stellar.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Again, this Steeler team is capable of beating any team in the league if we play our game in an efficient manner where every man is just focusing on doing their own job and beating the man in front of him.

Also, this Steeler team is capable of losing to any team in the league if we hemorrhage turnovers, let the opposing offense march up and down the field at will, or miss multiple FG attempts wide right.

It almost doesn't matter what team shows up on the opposing sideline to play against us. The games tend to be decided on the basis of which Steeler team decides to show up on the other sideline.
    This!! Like I said in another post, we'll blow out the Saints and struggle against the Bengals. Mark it down!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    This!! Like I said in another post, we'll blow out the Saints and struggle against the Bengals. Mark it down!
    It would make sense that we would be winless against the AFCW, unbeaten in the NFCS and split the AFCN.